cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV box has suddenly stopped working.

Now TV Box been working fine till tonight then suddenly stopped working.Tried restting by pushing in the pin to restore it sees my network I enter correct password it goes through cycle then tells me cannot connect?I have a Virgin Media Superhub and all other devices connect to it fine.One of the suggestions I have seen is to check for udates via settings but when you do a reset you cannot get to that screen if it does not connect to the network wireless?

Suggestions would be areciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it might be a bug with the latest firmware, however the temporary fix requires you making a change in the router. If you know how to log in to it you need to change the channel it uses from Auto, 12 or 13 to anything else (1, 6 and 11 are the recommended ones).
If you have no idea about changing settings on your router this guide from Virgin should help. 

View solution in original post

173 REPLIES 173
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this problem too for days & didn't understand what was wrong. I'm so glad I visited the website & checked out the forums to see if anybody else was experiencing the same problem.

The pin in the back of the box worked perfectly & everything is back up and running.

Thanks for having these forums- it is my first time using it and I'm really pleased.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I had this problem too for days & didn't understand what was wrong. I'm so glad I visited the website & checked out the forums to see if anybody else was experiencing the same problem.

The pin in the back of the box worked perfectly & everything is back up and running.

Thanks for having these forums- it is my first time using it and I'm really pleased.

Nice to hear it is solved 🙂 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
When I did this it still didn't work
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you try this again, making sure you follow this guide

po.st/chLnmW

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried hard reset and I still have no response from my box 😞 White box was working fine.  Not been turned on form past few weeks.

Jo

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

Really sorry to hear that 😞

Does the light on the front of your Box still turn on?

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Only had the set and been watching this afternoon and box suddenly stopped working. Not impressed. Also not particularly good at sorting IT type problems but have 3 months of 'free' watching so loathed to return the box as will loose money.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum.  Is the blue light still coming on at the front of the box when you press a button on the remote or does it appear that the box is not powered up?. If the blue light is still coming on I would suggest resetting the box by putting a pin in the back and holding it in for about 15s.  The other option which can often work even if other devices are working ok is to swich your router off at the mains for about 30s and back on again.

I hope this helps, if not please re-post and a member of the NOW TV Team/forum member will be able to offer you further support.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi pethead65
Thanks very much for replying. The light is showing on the front of the box so I will do as you suggest and reset it but will do tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please help my box stopped working last week.  There is no light on and not recognising from the HDMI on the TV.  Its not the scart lead because it works when i've changed it to the DVD.  I tried a different box but still not working.

I would like to get it rectified as soon as possible if anyone can help me.

Thanks