cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV box has suddenly stopped working.

Now TV Box been working fine till tonight then suddenly stopped working.Tried restting by pushing in the pin to restore it sees my network I enter correct password it goes through cycle then tells me cannot connect?I have a Virgin Media Superhub and all other devices connect to it fine.One of the suggestions I have seen is to check for udates via settings but when you do a reset you cannot get to that screen if it does not connect to the network wireless?

Suggestions would be areciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it might be a bug with the latest firmware, however the temporary fix requires you making a change in the router. If you know how to log in to it you need to change the channel it uses from Auto, 12 or 13 to anything else (1, 6 and 11 are the recommended ones).
If you have no idea about changing settings on your router this guide from Virgin should help. 

View solution in original post

173 REPLIES 173
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User hello 🙂

There is an issue at the moment with the boxes.

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/NOW-TV-box-issues-18-10-2016/m-p/403208#M353

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My black box has stopped working reset it with a pin at the back and had it switched off for 5 mins. It took me back to lets get started and it lets me connect to the Internet then goes black and takes me back to start up over and over. There's no problem with my internet connection. I've had the box around 2 months and I'm not happy about it. Can u help?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

It's not a problem at your end, NOW TV have identified an issue causing this and have posted a message about it here

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Now-TV-box-issues-18-10-2016/m-p/403208

I'd suggest going to that post and clicking Topic Options>Subscribe (you need to be signed in to do this) and then you should get an email when there is an update.

For anyone else reading this, I'd suggest not doing a factory reset, just wait until we get an update from NOW TV.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

There is an issue at the minute involving the boxes.

See here for more info:

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Now-TV-box-issues-18-10-2016/m-p/403208#M353

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My NowTv White Box kept failing to connect then failed to system update as you say tech will email???tried the link on here says ii do not have the privallage for this???????

IT SEEMS TO ME LOOKING ACROSS ALL THE COMMENTS THAT THERE SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM WITH THE BOXES HOow do you get a replacement AND WILL IT WORK

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User@Anonymous User

Sorry to hear your boxes are having some issues.

Would you be able to let us know if the issue has been resolved for you ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes it worked again. Me and my Son, just had to go without a Friday evening of Simpsons.

Was working by Saturday.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the replies, hope it's fixed soon 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, this has happened to me... is yours fixed yet?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Has anyone box fixed yet mine is still messing about.