cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV White Box

Hey,

So I have just been told my white box will become useless in October. I paid £16 for that white box and it works fine on my tv that isn't that old but doesn't have a USB or smart options. Am I going to get my money back for the white box? What's my alternative? I pay for Nowtv Movies and entertainment but my room will now be disabled from tv unless I find an alternative. Please tell me it's not, "You'll have to by a new tv" Feeling slightly robbed. Can I not get a free upgrade like a broadband provider would do with a router?

Kind Regards

Keith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Pop over to NowTV live chat (use the link below) where they are offering a free NowTV Stick to customers who have the old White Box and where the White Box is used has your main NowTV streaming device.

If you are using the White Box has a secondary NowTV streaming device they may offer you a NowTV Stick at a discounted price.

Should live chat not open for you (try a different internet browser) then on the same link below there is a web form you can send them instead of getting in touch with live chat.

The NowTV Stick should work with your existing TV if the television has a HDMI port on it and you have a decent WiFi reception where the television is located in your home.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

.....but my tv doesn't have an HDMI port so that's that then:-(

starman73
Elite

Get a hdmi to av converter. Cost about £5 on eBay or Amazon.  I use one with a Virgin V6 that only has hdmi output for recording.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Wow - 405 lines or 625? 

But joking apart, what make and model, and how old is it?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just tried to get a free stick to replace my white box and was told I would have to pay for one which I think is appalling, this is not good customer service  

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well, tut, what do you usually watch NowTV on?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.