cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV White Box

Hey,

So I have just been told my white box will become useless in October. I paid £16 for that white box and it works fine on my tv that isn't that old but doesn't have a USB or smart options. Am I going to get my money back for the white box? What's my alternative? I pay for Nowtv Movies and entertainment but my room will now be disabled from tv unless I find an alternative. Please tell me it's not, "You'll have to by a new tv" Feeling slightly robbed. Can I not get a free upgrade like a broadband provider would do with a router?

Kind Regards

Keith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Pop over to NowTV live chat (use the link below) where they are offering a free NowTV Stick to customers who have the old White Box and where the White Box is used has your main NowTV streaming device.

If you are using the White Box has a secondary NowTV streaming device they may offer you a NowTV Stick at a discounted price.

Should live chat not open for you (try a different internet browser) then on the same link below there is a web form you can send them instead of getting in touch with live chat.

The NowTV Stick should work with your existing TV if the television has a HDMI port on it and you have a decent WiFi reception where the television is located in your home.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Pop over to NowTV live chat (use the link below) where they are offering a free NowTV Stick to customers who have the old White Box and where the White Box is used has your main NowTV streaming device.

If you are using the White Box has a secondary NowTV streaming device they may offer you a NowTV Stick at a discounted price.

Should live chat not open for you (try a different internet browser) then on the same link below there is a web form you can send them instead of getting in touch with live chat.

The NowTV Stick should work with your existing TV if the television has a HDMI port on it and you have a decent WiFi reception where the television is located in your home.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you @schnapps  very kind of you to you respond with some great advice.

Kind Regards

keith

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I see you mentioned that your television hasn't got a USB port.

No problem, just use the supplied power adapter that comes supplied with the NowTV Stick.

Just make sure your television has a HDMI port to plug the Stick into.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok nice one @schnapps 

great advice! 
thankfully my tv does have an hdmi port and I’m not to far into the dark ages with this.

cheers for your help

Will sort the situation out on the chat as you mentioned.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My white box also unsupported. I have not been offered anything at all, despite having prepaid passes to January which are now largely useless. The online chat no longer offering even a SmartStick free.

I am seeking a refund.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I HAVE A WHITE BOX, MY TV HAS A SEPARATE DIDGY BOX AND HAS A USB HMMTLI PORT. AS I HAVE AN ENTERTAINTMENT PASS MUST I BUY A NOWTV STICK TO CARRY ON WATCHING NOW TV?AS WELL AS PAYING MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

All caps is SHOUTING. Can you please use conventional text input?

Whatever HTML socket you are plugging the white box into now, on TV or digi box, you can plug the NowTV Stick into for the future. Though you may need an HTML tail (short extender cable, optional, so not supplied)) if you don’t have room for the Stick to stick straight out from that socket.

You can power the Stick from the supplied adaptor, or from an available USB socket if you have one, for which you will need a USB-A to USB-C lead (also optional, so not supplied).

If the white box is your main or only source of NowTV, then you should have got an email from NowTV offering you a free NowTV Stick.

But NowTV’s email records are not perfect, so contact Live Chat, as described by @schnapps above, and talk to them. They have records of your NowTV usage, and if they can see you should have been in line for such an email, they will no doubt be able to help you with this.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Visited chat on-line after reading Keiths message and the reply to his message stating you would be offered a free stick to replace your white box - this was not the case

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The reply clearly stated that the offer was conditional:-

‘where the White Box is used as your main NowTV streaming device. If you are using the White Box as a secondary NowTV streaming device they may offer you a NowTV Stick at a discounted price.’

(My emphases).

So, remembering that NowTV can see your usage, and the devices it has been made on, what reason did they give for refusing you a Stick?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.