cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV Box wont connect to internet

NOW TV box has stopped connecting to internet.

Was working fine till yesterday.

Reset to factory settings to go through set up again.

Went through set up.

First two checks okay (connects to wireless and connects to local network)

but then gives error 009 when try to connect to internet.

I can access internet using my phone via same wireless point so internet access is possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for your post.  The 009 code usually means that there's a disruption in the connection between the NOW TV Box and your router. 

I would suggest rebooting your router and doing a soft reset on the NOW TV boxes by sticking a paperclip the button at the back of the box until the screen goes blue & the black NOW TV screen re-appears.

This helped recently when another customer was getting error 009 http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box/cannot-connect-to-sky-hub-please-help-code-014-then-009-after/m-p/276215#M20347

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, resetting the wireless box seemed to work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for updating us.  It really helps other forum members find solutions to similar issues.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had these same problems with my box.

Rebooting the wifi router solved them.

Turns out neighbours routers were arguing over wifi channel useage.

Reboopting the router gave me a clear channel and the now tv is working fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After the new version appeared yesterday i can no longer connect to the internet from my box, ive tried everything ie resets, channel changes on router, updates, soft and hard resets and still nothing!

Any new suggestions before i cancel my subscriptions and go else where?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that 😞

Can you tell us what exactly happens when you're trying to sign in - does it come up with an error message or code?

Do you have any other devices to try to sign in?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I get 2 green ticks for wireless and local connections but a red cross for internet access. Then the message,
'Cant connect to the internet.
Confirm that your internet connection is working by connecting to another device.
If you aren't able to connect with another device, contact your service provider
(Error code 009).

I can watch ok on my ipad and i can connect the box to my hotspot on my phone.
I received a message yesterday to say that this has now been escalated to the second level but to be honest i think
I will just cancel my subscriptions. This is the second time this has happened in weeks and ive now had no service on the box for 3 days!
Im fed up having to spend my time of going through checks and at best getting patchy emails through with advice ive already said ive tried!!
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

We can see that the issue is currently being looked into for you we're sorry if you havn't had an email as yet but as adviced the team will be in touch within 48 hours.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got the same problem and seem to be going in circles trying to get into the online chat with a member of nowtv team. Any tips?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All,

First time poster.  I am having the same problems.  I have 3 boxes at home and all worked fine last night, got up this morning and none of them work.

I can connect to the internet through every other device I have at around 34mb download speed, so that shouldn't be the problem.  Just seems funny that all 3 suddenly won't work, when I've not had a single problem for months. 

I have tried all the usual resets etc, seems there is some sort of technical fault on the boxes that has just appeared.

Are there any updates on what may be going wrong.

Cheers

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. 

Can you please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue? 

If you can please try re-connecting your NOW TV Box and let us know if you receive any specific error message? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team