cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV Box wont connect to internet

NOW TV box has stopped connecting to internet.

Was working fine till yesterday.

Reset to factory settings to go through set up again.

Went through set up.

First two checks okay (connects to wireless and connects to local network)

but then gives error 009 when try to connect to internet.

I can access internet using my phone via same wireless point so internet access is possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for your post.  The 009 code usually means that there's a disruption in the connection between the NOW TV Box and your router. 

I would suggest rebooting your router and doing a soft reset on the NOW TV boxes by sticking a paperclip the button at the back of the box until the screen goes blue & the black NOW TV screen re-appears.

This helped recently when another customer was getting error 009 http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box/cannot-connect-to-sky-hub-please-help-code-014-then-009-after/m-p/276215#M20347

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I hav an ee router wifi worked fine last night this morning I have error code 009 tried resetting and rebooting everything but still nothing what can I do to get my black box working again

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Code "error 009" SOLVED!!!

I tried all sorts that didn't work.

Factory reset - did not work.

Changed router chanel - did not work.

turned Now TV box of & on - did not work.

Tried pulling my hair out - did not work.

TRIED TURNING OF THE ROUTER AND RESTARTING IT - IT WORKED!!!!

Hurray for ME!!!!!

I hope this is of some help to someone.

Good luck.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why does my wifi keep turning on and off im new to now tv and not happy upto now its taken me agers to find a way of contacting someone and this is the best i got its terrible at the moment is is there anyway of speeking over the phone 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Use the Hidden Menu Factory Reset process (not the Factory Reset process in the normal menus) detailed at https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Now-tv-box/td-p/488878# and if that doesn't work use a pin to reset it using a button in the RESET hole on the back of the box next to where the cables plug in to it.