cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv box cant connect to my local network

The light just comes up red when trying to connect and then fails. Is it a problem that its a virgin media router? I have the password right and it does connect to the router just not to the local network help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lots of people have experienced problems with Virgin Hubs
Others report that this will work :
Try pressing the HOME button on the remote 5 times followed by one press of FF,PLAY, REW, PLAY and finally FF.

You should now be in the hidden menu where you can scroll down to deselect 'enable network pings' box at bottom of screen.

Then move blue line down to Back and select - it should then connect and work ok with Virgin Superhub.

View solution in original post

257 REPLIES 257
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just wondering, if i was to buy a new box and it came with a 30 day free pass would i be able to use that even though i'm already registered with now tv?

Are them free trials only for new users?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the "free 30 day trial" is only available to customers who have never had a movie pass before. However if you were to buy a box which came with a 3 month pass, then this is different and could be added to you account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks artesea think i will do that if i cant get my box working soon

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

@Anonymous User 's comment about the Xmas tree isn't as daft as it sounds! My box doesn't like being on the Middle shelf of a hifi rack .... All the metal bars and rods might make the rack look all sophisticated but they play havoc with wifi signals! Sitting the box on the top shelf and its happy days however! 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah i think i will try moving it around a few different places over the weekend see if that works

Will let you all know how i get on

Thanks guys

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So i can now cofirm that moving the now tv box worked a treat, i simply moved it from one side of the tv to the other and i have had no problems since!

Thanks for the tips guys

Happy viewing

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Glad to hear you are sorted now, you never know after Xmas you might be able to put it back where it was! 😉

Enjoy your viewing! 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please help my now tv box is not picking up network

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous User 

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear that this is happening.

Can you please tell me whether or not it comes up with any error messages/codes?

Can you please also let me know what troubleshooting steps you have already tried?

Kind regards,

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

spot on! this was perfect.  Smiley Happy