cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raybo
Mentor

Re: My now TV box can't connect to my local network

on back of your router you need to put in username and password exactly as it is to pair up now tv box once connected you will need to put in your sky id and password to get tvnow box working correctly... if it judders check settings are set to HD and AV. Settings are far left of menu list click select and adjust accordingly.

0 Thanks
Aylin-A
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi Phylis24,

Thanks for your reply. In order to connect your NOW TV Box to your Virgin network, please do the following by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

1. Home (x5)
  2. Fast Forward
  3. Play
  4. Rewind
  5. Play
  6. Fast Forward

If the above is done correctly, you’ll see a new screen pop up called ‘Platform Secret Screen’ which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select ‘Disable Network Pings’ from the list of available options.

Once you’ve done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network. 

Kind regards,

Aylin

NOW TV Team

Nitey123
Advocate

Re: My now tv box cant connect to my local network

Great help really was stuck because I have a virgin box
Chow
Advocate

Hi
I am also unable to connect to the local network and have done the steps as explained above. I live in Guernsey. Please help.
Thanks
0 Thanks
Sal-H
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi Chow,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to yourself.

Could you give these troubleshooting steps a try and let us know if they work for you or not? They look similar to the ones you've tried but are slightly different 🙂

Kind Regards,

Sal

NOW TV Team

DirtyDrifter73
Advocate

My now TV box can't connect to my router due to security protocol

I'm having a very similar problem to all those above, but can't get my NowTV box to connect with my ADSL router becauase it doesn't seem to be able to get through the security I've set up on the router.

When I disable the router's security completely, the NowTV box can go right through the setup, connect perfectly, get the latest updates, install apps, etc. However, as soon as I enable the router's security, it refuses to even establish a connection with the router.

And yes, I've tried ALL of the troubleshooting tips listed in this thread more times than I care to mention, without success. I'm now worried about wearing the symbols off each of the buttons on the remote because I've fiddled with settings and rebooting so much Smiley Wink

Obviously, I can't be expected to run my router with the security disabled endlessly, so I would welcome any help that can be offered, before my remote's buttons are worn out.

0 Thanks
chrisp
Advocate

Re: My now tv box cant connect to my local network

Hi

Thank you, it solved my problem. I had Virgin Media Super Hub 2.

Chris

0 Thanks
mdc21
Advocate

Im with virgin media and was having the same problem in trying to get the box to connect to my local network.

Having followed the button presses to disable the ping on the now TV box many times i was still getting nothing.

I then tried the reverse and set the ping to enable tried again and now im up and running.

hope this may save somebody and  wasted  hour.

DirtyDrifter73
Advocate

Sadly, I've tried changing each setting in the 'hidden' menus, then changed it back again and had no success no matter what I do. Smiley Frustrated
I can't imagine my situation is unique, so where are all the techies offering advice and support...?
I've been through ALL of the troubleshooting tips more times than I can remember and it got me nowhere, so my month pass is simply ticking away, uselessly, without any chance of me watching anything.  Smiley Sad

0 Thanks
Mo-D
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi DirtyDrifter73, 

You've mentioned you're able to connect when you disable the security on the router. Can you get back in touch with your ISP and router? Can you also get back in touch with more information about the security so we can look into this?

The NOW TV Box is unable to connect if the connection requires an individual username and password. 

Regards,

Mo

NOW TV Team 

0 Thanks