cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv box cant connect to my local network

The light just comes up red when trying to connect and then fails. Is it a problem that its a virgin media router? I have the password right and it does connect to the router just not to the local network help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lots of people have experienced problems with Virgin Hubs
Others report that this will work :
Try pressing the HOME button on the remote 5 times followed by one press of FF,PLAY, REW, PLAY and finally FF.

You should now be in the hidden menu where you can scroll down to deselect 'enable network pings' box at bottom of screen.

Then move blue line down to Back and select - it should then connect and work ok with Virgin Superhub.

View solution in original post

257 REPLIES 257
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am struggling with the virgin hub its not connecting to now tv I ahve tried pressing the home button but nothing

Anyone help me im on my second day of twiddling around waiting for something to happen but nothing ?????

there really should  be a live person on now tv to talk you through problems I find alkl of this waiting for nothing quite poor customer service

Anonymous User
Not applicable
You need to disable the ping, to do this, you quickly need to press the
home button 5 times followed by ff play rewind play ff, this will allow you
into a secret menu. click on disable/enable and change it from the setting
its on, then follow on screen instructions, you may also need to do this in
the future if you need to reset the box, hope this helps. You can also
see a demo on u tube.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you, on ee network
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi this did not solve the problem for me, getting the same problem as a few months ago http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box/Help-for-people-unable-to-find-their-WiFi-network-on-NOW-TV...

another £6.99 wasted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

changed wifi channel to 1, and now working, still dont see why this keeps happening.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank so much you are a legend 😀

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have done all this without success 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Really helpful, Many Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My internet is workin fine

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. The NowTV shows a green light to indicate that it has connected to WiFi but then shows a red light when trying to connect to the local network.