cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv box cant connect to my local network

The light just comes up red when trying to connect and then fails. Is it a problem that its a virgin media router? I have the password right and it does connect to the router just not to the local network help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lots of people have experienced problems with Virgin Hubs
Others report that this will work :
Try pressing the HOME button on the remote 5 times followed by one press of FF,PLAY, REW, PLAY and finally FF.

You should now be in the hidden menu where you can scroll down to deselect 'enable network pings' box at bottom of screen.

Then move blue line down to Back and select - it should then connect and work ok with Virgin Superhub.

View solution in original post

257 REPLIES 257
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Try disabling pings which you'll have now done & enable guest mode & wifi set frequency to 2.4Ghz

Yes, the white box does seem to have problems connecting to Virgin Superhubs unfortunately.

Hopefully that should sort it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have a black box ?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a black box................not white

As you suggest.....................how do I.......................

enable guest mode & wifi set frequency to 2.4Ghz

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  you need to open the webpage for the router http://192.168.0.1/  the sign in details will be on the base of your hub.  You will then be able to set various guest profiles.   I personally find 5ghz better for devices like Now box.  Mind you I have never yet had error 014 or similar come up on any of my devices.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply. I signed in as you suggest, but I cannot see where the guest profile part which you mention, is?
Legend 5
Legend 5

Click advanced @Anonymous User you should then be able to find it. Do not change any of the existing settings. Just set up new.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Legend 5
Legend 5

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=27672&CURRENT_...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very helpful thank you very much!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried all of the above and disabled my pings yet my now tv box can't even find my net work let alone connect to it. Please help. It was connected to my old hub but won't connect to my new one
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
I have tried all of the above and disabled my pings yet my now tv box can't even find my net work let alone connect to it. Please help. It was connected to my old hub but won't connect to my new one

Hi @Anonymous User Have you tried to connect using your mobile phone as a hot spot then downloading the update then trying to connect to your new hub at all?