Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: My now TV box can't connect to my local network

Make a separate channel on your modem for it to connect too. It has to be
by itself. Google how to do it.
0 Thanks
Highlighted

Re: My now tv box cant connect to my local network

Hi, I have been having buffering and sound issues for the last day, I have restarted and reset, but the problem persists. I know this is not the right thread, but the service status one doesn't have a comments box!

TIA.

Rebecca
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

When setting up, I get as far as the the green light for Wi-fi, and then red  for network connection, before getting the 014 error message   At what point do I do the following: 

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward

When I get the error message, or at the start before being asked 'what language' I want to have etc? 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @blwindy

It doesn't matter, just make sure you press the keys in pretty quick succession and it will take you to a screen where you can disable pings.  Which ISP are you with btw

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Please click on Thanks if I've helped.
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, therefore I can help with issues about the service, but not account related issues.
If it solves the problem, please mark it as an accepted solution to help other members.
Thanks!
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Thanks

Managed to disable pings (whatever they are) but still no connection to network

I have a Virgin superhub 2 amd from lots of posts in the forum,,,,,,having Virgin seems to pose a problem when setting up.

Do you know what i can do next to try and get things working?

Thanks

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @blwindy

Try disabling pings which you'll have now done & enable guest mode & wifi set frequency to 2.4Ghz

Yes, the white box does seem to have problems connecting to Virgin Superhubs unfortunately.

Hopefully that should sort it.

Please click on Thanks if I've helped.
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, therefore I can help with issues about the service, but not account related issues.
If it solves the problem, please mark it as an accepted solution to help other members.
Thanks!
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I have a black box ?
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I have a black box................not white

As you suggest.....................how do I.......................

enable guest mode & wifi set frequency to 2.4Ghz

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@blwindy  you need to open the webpage for the router http://192.168.0.1/  the sign in details will be on the base of your hub.  You will then be able to set various guest profiles.   I personally find 5ghz better for devices like Now box.  Mind you I have never yet had error 014 or similar come up on any of my devices.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Thanks for your reply. I signed in as you suggest, but I cannot see where the guest profile part which you mention, is?
0 Thanks