cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv box cant connect to my local network

The light just comes up red when trying to connect and then fails. Is it a problem that its a virgin media router? I have the password right and it does connect to the router just not to the local network help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lots of people have experienced problems with Virgin Hubs
Others report that this will work :
Try pressing the HOME button on the remote 5 times followed by one press of FF,PLAY, REW, PLAY and finally FF.

You should now be in the hidden menu where you can scroll down to deselect 'enable network pings' box at bottom of screen.

Then move blue line down to Back and select - it should then connect and work ok with Virgin Superhub.

View solution in original post

257 REPLIES 257
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting in touch @Anonymous User. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered with your NOW TV Box. 

Can you please let us know who your Internet provider is and the make of your router? 

Thanks,

Karl

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I experienced the same problems when trying to connect with my Virgin Media hub. Tried the homex5 etc but would not work for me. My solution was to connect to a wifi hotspot (iPhone 6S but should work with any hotspot). I was then offered a software update. Installed the update and was then able to connect to my Virgin Media hub both wireless and wired. Hope this helps 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

"I experienced the same problems when trying to connect with my Virgin Media hub. Tried the homex5 etc but would not work for me. My solution was to connect to a wifi hotspot (iPhone 6S but should work with any hotspot). I was then offered a software update. Installed the update and was then able to connect to my Virgin Media hub both wireless and wired. Hope this helps."

THIS is the ONLY answer that worked for me.  Wanted to smash the box up until i did this and BOOM worked perfect afterwards.  Give this man a slice of the Ukrain!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I am unable to connect my new Now Tv box we've tried the "disable network plugs" . Any more tips?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

Could you try using an Ethernet Cable?

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have read all the threads and one advised to click 'enable ping networks' rather than disable ping networks after getting into the secret page (after pressing 5 x home, FF, play, rew, play and then ff, at lets get started). THIS WORKS! Anyone with a Virgin Superhub must do this as after 2 hours of frustration I found this link, tried it and hey presto! All is up and running. I hope this helps someone else as well.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have been having buffering and sound issues for the last day, I have restarted and reset, but the problem persists. I know this is not the right thread, but the service status one doesn't have a comments box!

TIA.

Rebecca
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When setting up, I get as far as the the green light for Wi-fi, and then red  for network connection, before getting the 014 error message   At what point do I do the following: 

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward

When I get the error message, or at the start before being asked 'what language' I want to have etc? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

It doesn't matter, just make sure you press the keys in pretty quick succession and it will take you to a screen where you can disable pings.  Which ISP are you with btw

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks

Managed to disable pings (whatever they are) but still no connection to network

I have a Virgin superhub 2 amd from lots of posts in the forum,,,,,,having Virgin seems to pose a problem when setting up.

Do you know what i can do next to try and get things working?

Thanks