cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv box cant connect to my local network

The light just comes up red when trying to connect and then fails. Is it a problem that its a virgin media router? I have the password right and it does connect to the router just not to the local network help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lots of people have experienced problems with Virgin Hubs
Others report that this will work :
Try pressing the HOME button on the remote 5 times followed by one press of FF,PLAY, REW, PLAY and finally FF.

You should now be in the hidden menu where you can scroll down to deselect 'enable network pings' box at bottom of screen.

Then move blue line down to Back and select - it should then connect and work ok with Virgin Superhub.

View solution in original post

257 REPLIES 257
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I had error 014 & disabling ping worked,thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Bought one of these boxes yesterday and wont connect to the internet ..Tried everything known to mankind still nothing , So took the box back to Argos got a new one and guess what not working either

I'm using Virgin media and a netgear box everything else works on this with no problem what so ever ..Apart from these Sky boxes .

To say I'm getting a bit fed up now with it . and yes I have done all the secret menu stuff as well

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you have tried the below as advised several times in this thread, as there are a couple of secret screens?

You'll need to complete the following sequence, by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you'll see a new screen pop up called Platform Secret Screen which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select Disable Network Pings from the list of available options.

Once you've done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep done all that Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gave it one last try and nothing ... I just wished they put on the Packaging that Virgin Media customers will not be able to use this .. That way I wouldn't of wasted my time ...So off to get a refund ..But thanks for your help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Yep done all that Smiley Happy

Any chance you could post up at what point it fails to connect?

Does it, for example-

-obtain an IP address from the router?

-connect to your home network?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply Daz ... But I have taken the box back now as after 2 days going back and fourth to Argos and countless hours I gave up mate and decided to cut my losses on this matter now .

I just wish they put on the packaging that ''Virgin Media may have problems with this product '' alas I got my money back now .

It was just meant not to be

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok.

Would of been interesting to try and solve that mystery - "Scooby, back to the van!":D

Anonymous User
Not applicable

my now tv wont connect to my local network ive tried passcode and wps  still dont work plus restarted internet wat can i do

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Now TV is broken anyway! Try tomorrow.