cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv box cant connect to my local network

The light just comes up red when trying to connect and then fails. Is it a problem that its a virgin media router? I have the password right and it does connect to the router just not to the local network help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lots of people have experienced problems with Virgin Hubs
Others report that this will work :
Try pressing the HOME button on the remote 5 times followed by one press of FF,PLAY, REW, PLAY and finally FF.

You should now be in the hidden menu where you can scroll down to deselect 'enable network pings' box at bottom of screen.

Then move blue line down to Back and select - it should then connect and work ok with Virgin Superhub.

View solution in original post

257 REPLIES 257
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Its ok I've sorted it out now, it works.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Its ok I've sorted it out now, it works.

Ok, glad to hear it:)

Was it a case of disabling pings or something else that resolved this for you?

(It may help future readers whom may have the same issue)

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The pings!! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
The pings!! 

Thanks for letting us know. Hopefully others will do the same:), though tbh, if I worked for NOW TV, I'd set the box with a default of having it disabled!;)

Anonymous User
Not applicable
As above , what do I do ?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Welcome to the community.

See if the following help article solves your problem

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm really struggling with this, i can only seem to get my box connected when i move my router into the same room as my now box. When i move the router back upstairs i cant connect again, i dont understand how it worked perfectly for 12 months now for some reason it cant connect? This started last weekend, all my other wireless devices still work no problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User have you put up your Christmas tree? I've known these to causing issues with broadband and radio technology.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hmm i have but is only a small one about 2ft with battery powered led lights, had the same last xmas and worked fine. At this point i'll try anything though so i'll move it when i get home and see if that makes a difference

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User and ironing boards lol...