cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv box cant connect to my local network

The light just comes up red when trying to connect and then fails. Is it a problem that its a virgin media router? I have the password right and it does connect to the router just not to the local network help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lots of people have experienced problems with Virgin Hubs
Others report that this will work :
Try pressing the HOME button on the remote 5 times followed by one press of FF,PLAY, REW, PLAY and finally FF.

You should now be in the hidden menu where you can scroll down to deselect 'enable network pings' box at bottom of screen.

Then move blue line down to Back and select - it should then connect and work ok with Virgin Superhub.

View solution in original post

257 REPLIES 257
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The error 5 is unrelated to your other problem. Now TV and Sky Go and the BBC iPlayer have all been affected today on the iPhone and iPad apps. The problem is known about and being addressed.

reboot your router and then try the box again ....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Alex089,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble connecting your NOW TV Box to your Local Network.

As StuartRogerson's suggested, try rebooting your router but also reset your NOW TV Box.

Hopefully this should rectify the problem.

Thanks,

Sabrina

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried the secret page and disabled pings, reset my BT home hub2 box, done a factory reset on my now TV box, checked my password and after 3 days still can't get on! So frustrating!
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lex82, 

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Can you please try the steps found here

If you still encounter issues please get back in touch, so we can look into this further. 

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi as my now TV box can't connect to my local network it's unable to update. I tried this also earlier.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Lex82,

Sorry to hear that you're still experiencing this problem.

Could you please come and talk to us on live chat so we can offer some more troubleshooting for your NOW TV Box.

Simply click here and fill out the two dropdown menus to access live chat.  

Kindest,

Steve

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

lex82 wrote:snipped
reset my BT home hub2 box

Was that via a 20 second press of the reset button?

If it wasn't and you still have issues, you could try this. It will restore the hub to a BNIB state, removing ALL user made settings, but does often cure a known issue with the home hub 2.

Also, setting the DHCP lease time, via the hub settings, can help prevent the hub locking new devices out. There is also the option of opting out of BTWiFi if you don't use it as this can clog the HH2 too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, am having the same issue.  been on the phone to virgin media for over an hour.  set up a now tv wireless network all of its own!
followed ALL the advice on this thread.  Am now on my SECOND now tv box and loosing the will to continue with this peice of crap.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GET THIS THING TO WORK!!!!  have followed all instructions on the emailed help as well!!  so not very happy!!

LouiseSmiley Mad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Irv2307,

Really sorry to hear about the experience you've had trying to set up your NOW TV BOX Smiley Sad

We are aware that some users have trouble connecting to Virgin Wireless routers, but often the steps found here and here will allow you to connect and start viewing. 

Have you already tried both of these solutions? 

Kindest

Steve

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As i said in my post, ive tried EVERYTHING and still nothings working