cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv box cant connect to my local network

The light just comes up red when trying to connect and then fails. Is it a problem that its a virgin media router? I have the password right and it does connect to the router just not to the local network help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lots of people have experienced problems with Virgin Hubs
Others report that this will work :
Try pressing the HOME button on the remote 5 times followed by one press of FF,PLAY, REW, PLAY and finally FF.

You should now be in the hidden menu where you can scroll down to deselect 'enable network pings' box at bottom of screen.

Then move blue line down to Back and select - it should then connect and work ok with Virgin Superhub.

View solution in original post

257 REPLIES 257
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Yeah, you've pretty much identified the problem with NOW TV Boxes that have received the latest update, there's a bug preventing it connecting to channels 12 and 13. 11 does work but it will obviously depend on local setups and as you've got several APs all on different channels, 11 may not suit the box in certain parts of the house (particularly as the AP set to channel 9 will be interfering with it to some extent). This should be corrected with an update in the future.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks a million... I have 4 Now tv boxes and all stopped working simultaneously. I tried everything but changing the channel was the last thing I would have thought of.
Surely Sky could have made the problem more commonly known along with the resolution ...it would have saved me over an hour of wasted time!!'mmm
Anyway we're up and running now so many thanks.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

make sure you are putting password to router correctly into tv now box - also check settings to see if your router is in the settings menu.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello. I have the same problem. Get 014 error message. Disabling network pings makes no difference. Haven't been able to use my box for weeks. Please help! Reseting router and now tv box also makes no difference. I have a Black Virgin box with blue lights which I think is a super hub. Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum.  Sounds like you've been through most of the troubleshooting tips!  If you've not already tried this, try enabling guest mode and make sure it's set to 2.4Ghz.  Also it may well be worth just moving the box slightly so it's not in a confined space.  You'd be surprised that doing this can often solve a lot of wi fi issues with the NOW TV Box.  Also, have you tried all the resets on the box?  Here's a link to a guide which outlines them http://help.nowtv.com/article/Troubleshooting-NOW-TV-Box-and-Roku

I hope this helps, if not please re-post and a member of the NOW TV Team/forum member will be able to offer you further supportSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried all the suggestions on Community chat and no joy......its still not recognizing my local network.

What else is there to try NOWTV team?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Slinc1914,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this problem.

Can you tell us what broadband provider you are with?

We look forward to your reply.

Kindest regards,

Rich-L

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I can now view the programmes and catch up on the iPad due to the update, but I also still can not get the now tv box to work, I also have a virgin media router, and have rebooted both the now tv box and my router, and I also still keep getting the error message that my password is incorrect.

Do you have any advice?

Alex
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
I can now view the programmes and catch up on the iPad due to the update, but I also still can not get the now tv box to work, I also have a virgin media router, and have rebooted both the now tv box and my router, and I also still keep getting the error message that my password is incorrect.

Do you have any advice?

Alex

Are you 100% sure you're trying to connect to your SSID and also using the wireless password?

Some users can sometimes select the WPS pin in error.

If you're using the right connection details the other factor is the distance from your router. If possible try moving it around 8 inches away and then see.