cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv box cant connect to my local network

The light just comes up red when trying to connect and then fails. Is it a problem that its a virgin media router? I have the password right and it does connect to the router just not to the local network help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lots of people have experienced problems with Virgin Hubs
Others report that this will work :
Try pressing the HOME button on the remote 5 times followed by one press of FF,PLAY, REW, PLAY and finally FF.

You should now be in the hidden menu where you can scroll down to deselect 'enable network pings' box at bottom of screen.

Then move blue line down to Back and select - it should then connect and work ok with Virgin Superhub.

View solution in original post

257 REPLIES 257
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How I sorted out my virgin media is that I made up a guest pass on my virgin router and named it nowtv and then gave it a password and then connected to that from my now tv box and it worked perfectly.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too have the same problem, but using a plusnet fibre router. Tried all the suggestions posted above, but to no avail. It won't connect to wifi weigh or without security, or with or without the SSID being broadcast. I had to change my router to broadcast on channel 11 for the box to see the network in the first place. This is now getting really frustrating!! Any ideas?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sorry, don't really know about any other routers, but what I done was to
disable the ping on the nowtv box : press the home button on the remote 5
times followed by 1 press of FF, Play, Rew, Play and finally FF..( copied
that from the site).
Went to the router and signed in on virgin went on advance and then to
guest pass, tick it to enable it and renamed it nowtv then added a password
and comfirmed it...After the router rebooted i rescanned the nowtv box to
find the wifi signal and connected the nowtv to it and put in the password
and it worked brilliantly, have no trouble now .. Good luck

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks. Can't set up a guest network on the provided router, so have bitten the bullet and bought a Netgear router (which I was considering anyway). I will post back on the results
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Good luck

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Well, replaced the plus net provided technicolor router with a Netgear N900. Disabled pinging on the NowTV box and hey presto, everything works fine and I have much more control over my network and far better Wifi. Don't know what the settings issue is with the plusnet provided router, but I couldn't change a lot on it anyway. 1 happy Bunny catching up on the Walking Dead!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  That's good to hear.

It was more than likely a setting/configuration issue, but one never knows.....

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you - worked for me 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Glad it worked.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have purchased a now tv top box today and have tried to connect to the wifi and an error occurs saying the password is incorrect, I have checked on my ipad and laptop and it is correct. I have carried out the process of pushing the home button 5 times, fast forward, play, rewind, play. When I got to that screen I had 2 green bars, with good signal, but my IP address is all zeros. I have now downloaded the ipad app as I have given up with the tv box itself, and I keep getting an error message number 5. Can someone please help me..