cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv box cant connect to my local network

The light just comes up red when trying to connect and then fails. Is it a problem that its a virgin media router? I have the password right and it does connect to the router just not to the local network help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lots of people have experienced problems with Virgin Hubs
Others report that this will work :
Try pressing the HOME button on the remote 5 times followed by one press of FF,PLAY, REW, PLAY and finally FF.

You should now be in the hidden menu where you can scroll down to deselect 'enable network pings' box at bottom of screen.

Then move blue line down to Back and select - it should then connect and work ok with Virgin Superhub.

View solution in original post

257 REPLIES 257
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sorry, don't know but usually it's something simple that has been
overlooked or not done properly. Start at the beginning as if its new. If
your router is working with wifi without the nowtv box and can connect
with, say your phone then nothing big is required to set up the nowtv box.
Thats what I did and setup a guest channel on the virgin box and it worked.
Sorry I'm not a expert and only found this out by chance.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi.  I purchased a now tv box package saturday morning (inc 1 x sky sports day pass).

I attempted to set this up yesterday morning but have problems connecting the box to my internet.  The virgin hub is on, the internet signal strength is 5 bars, the internet password is correct and I have 'double checked' the password for my own benefit by disconnecting other devices and reconnecting them to wifi.

For some reason it says 'can't connect to your wireless network' (error code 014).  I contacted NOW TV yesterday who were helpful and advised me to go to the 'secret platform page' by pressing numerous buttons.  I done this and disabled/enabled network pings at least 20 times.  Still get the same message, was also advised to view something on laptop/pc first but at first I was reluctant to do it as it would use my 'sky sports voucher' up.

Anyway, after a while I decided I had to try it so I logged onto my laptop and onto my NOW TV account, USED my sky sports day pass voucher and yeah it works fine on the laptop.  

After an hour I tried the NOW TV box again, SAME message of 014 !!

1) I need to know how to resolve the issue, the only thing I think it can be now is the NOW TV box unit as my internet is spot on with every other device (laptop, mobile phone, console, wifes mobile).

2) I used my 'sky sports' voucher for approx 1 hour of viewing.  What a waste.

Please help ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Bri81,

Thanks for getting in touch with your post. Sorry tohear that you're having issues with the service.

Please check out this post which should resolve the ongoing issue.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you’ll see a new screen pop up called ‘Platform Secret Screen’ which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select ‘Disable Network Pings’ from the list of available options.

Once you’ve done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, i've tried this but it still does not work ? The signal strength of the internet is 5 bars on the front screen and when you go into the 'secret screen' 5 x home, ff etc etc the signal is still strong in green.

For some reason its still not connecting properly.

Out of the 3 stages

- Connecting to wireless network sometimes goes green and then moves onto the next stage, it also sometimes goes red

- connecting to your local network never goes red or green as at this point i'm thrown out to the error message 014

- connecting to the internet never goes red/green.

I honestly think it must be the box itself now

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Bri81,

Thanks for getting in touch with your post, sorry to hear that you're still having issues with the service.

As this is an account related query, I am going to send you a private message shortly.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I take it you disabled pings? Might be worth dong that then rebooting the router.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am using a router with WPA Wireless Security. All devices must be configured with the same settings as the router. How do I program the NOWTV Box with the WPA Shared Key? The router is a Linksys WRT54GL.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi geoffreys3,

All you need to do is connect your box to the mains and your TV, then follow the setup steps. At one point, you'll be asked to connect to a wireless network. When you reach that step, just select your network and enter your WPA Key as the password.

If you need any more assistance, give me a shout.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you - works fine.

Geoffreys3