cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv box cant connect to my local network

The light just comes up red when trying to connect and then fails. Is it a problem that its a virgin media router? I have the password right and it does connect to the router just not to the local network help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lots of people have experienced problems with Virgin Hubs
Others report that this will work :
Try pressing the HOME button on the remote 5 times followed by one press of FF,PLAY, REW, PLAY and finally FF.

You should now be in the hidden menu where you can scroll down to deselect 'enable network pings' box at bottom of screen.

Then move blue line down to Back and select - it should then connect and work ok with Virgin Superhub.

View solution in original post

257 REPLIES 257
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is the one that did it for me - many thanks.  Ridiculous that the need for a software update stops the box working but there is no simple way to get that update.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The connect via mobile was a start - got the update, agreed terms/conditions but still wouldn't connect via cable or wifi to my BT Home Hub .  Solution was to turn Authoritative DHCP OFF in the hub admin settings. Connected instantly thereafter. I can probably now mak that IP fixed and turn the setting back on - if it has any benefit elsewhere...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Make a separate channel on your modem for it to connect too. It has to be
by itself. Google how to do it.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi I've followed all the previous instructions and I'm on the Platform Secret Screeb, but I've only 1 green bar  that's flickering between 68 and 74 and I can't get down to the Disable network pings. Help please

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nothing will work - code 014.50 tried resetting everything from box to BB box. Really frustrating when just renewed a months deal...very annoying Now Tv 🙄

Anonymous User
Not applicable

your internet router must be typed exactly - if you look on back of router you will have your password. This must be exactly other wise router and now box will not pair up

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Virgin media new connection today
Anonymous User
Not applicable

on back of your router you need to put in username and password exactly as it is to pair up now tv box once connected you will need to put in your sky id and password to get tvnow box working correctly... if it judders check settings are set to HD and AV. Settings are far left of menu list click select and adjust accordingly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im with virgin media and was having the same problem in trying to get the box to connect to my local network.

Having followed the button presses to disable the ping on the now TV box many times i was still getting nothing.

I then tried the reverse and set the ping to enable tried again and now im up and running.

hope this may save somebody and  wasted  hour.