cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv box cant connect to my local network

The light just comes up red when trying to connect and then fails. Is it a problem that its a virgin media router? I have the password right and it does connect to the router just not to the local network help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lots of people have experienced problems with Virgin Hubs
Others report that this will work :
Try pressing the HOME button on the remote 5 times followed by one press of FF,PLAY, REW, PLAY and finally FF.

You should now be in the hidden menu where you can scroll down to deselect 'enable network pings' box at bottom of screen.

Then move blue line down to Back and select - it should then connect and work ok with Virgin Superhub.

View solution in original post

257 REPLIES 257
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear this @Anonymous User. 

Can you please let me know who your internet provider is and the make and model of your router? 

Have you tried changing the wireless channel on your router? 

We look forward to hearing from you so we can look into this further for you. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's brilliant, finally got me up and running, thank you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi guys,

I have tried all the advised fixes ie, going to the Platform Secret Screen and disable network pings and switching of my router.  But I still can get to connect to my Local Network.  Any more suggestions?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User can you let us know what specific network you're trying to connect to please?

Char

NOW TV Team

Happy 2014 Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have also tried all of the steps following the instructions on this thread but I am still getting a red local area light please can you help!!?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User can I ask what network you are trying to connect to specifically please?

Thanks a lot.

Char

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Virgin thanks for the quick reply
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Phylis24,

Thanks for your reply. In order to connect your NOW TV Box to your Virgin network, please do the following by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

1. Home (x5)
  2. Fast Forward
  3. Play
  4. Rewind
  5. Play
  6. Fast Forward

If the above is done correctly, you’ll see a new screen pop up called ‘Platform Secret Screen’ which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select ‘Disable Network Pings’ from the list of available options.

Once you’ve done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network. 

Kind regards,

Aylin

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi i have same problem i have just had virgin super hub 2 put in and have tryed all these steps and still cant get connected 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
That's because the box is a crock of crap with virgin media. I've had 3 boxes and same ######. Returned all of them

And all I get from now tv moronic customer services is same crap. No one will call you or any decent help. I've complained to OfCom about it