cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv box cant connect to my local network

The light just comes up red when trying to connect and then fails. Is it a problem that its a virgin media router? I have the password right and it does connect to the router just not to the local network help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lots of people have experienced problems with Virgin Hubs
Others report that this will work :
Try pressing the HOME button on the remote 5 times followed by one press of FF,PLAY, REW, PLAY and finally FF.

You should now be in the hidden menu where you can scroll down to deselect 'enable network pings' box at bottom of screen.

Then move blue line down to Back and select - it should then connect and work ok with Virgin Superhub.

View solution in original post

257 REPLIES 257
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User are you trying to connect to a hotspot? 

The NOW TV Box will work with standard routers but not hotspots.

See this post for more information.

Char

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lots of people have experienced problems with Virgin Hubs
Others report that this will work :
Try pressing the HOME button on the remote 5 times followed by one press of FF,PLAY, REW, PLAY and finally FF.

You should now be in the hidden menu where you can scroll down to deselect 'enable network pings' box at bottom of screen.

Then move blue line down to Back and select - it should then connect and work ok with Virgin Superhub.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

my now tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Not sure if you mis typed? If you're having the same issues please read above as we have some suggestions and information to help you.

Char

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When connecting to my router the system finds my Wireless Network but not my Local Network!

How do I remedy this problem

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User 

Sorry to hear you're having issues. 

Please try the steps found in the following video and let us know how you get on. 

[video]

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, this did not work. It will connect to my virgin router but not to the local network help!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I take it you mean this didn't work ?
You may see the error message 014, during the setup of your NOW TV box, when attempting to connect your NOW TV box to your wireless network.

To move past this message, you’ll need to complete the following sequence, by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you’ll see a new screen pop up called ‘Platform Secret Screen’ which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select ‘Disable Network Pings’ from the list of available options.

Once you’ve done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the advice. Worked perfectly. Couldn't face calling virgin call centre and this worked 1st time 🙂