cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My box is not working at all

I set my white now tv box up last night. Worked fine. Switched my tv over to watch eastenders. When I put it back on to the now tv box, it's not working at all. It's all plugged it and connected. No light is coming on at all. I've unplugged everything and replugged it back in and still nothing
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi There, is the light showing on the box? you may be on the wrong source, have you tried different HDMI ports and and sources to match .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I've tried that. There is no light at all. If I go and buy another box, Will I still be able to login with the details I've logged in with on the one that isn't working?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Yes I've tried that. There is no light at all. If I go and buy another box, Will I still be able to login with the details I've logged in with on the one that isn't working?

@Anonymous User

Could you try using another power Cable Harper. Let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks Niamh

NOWTV Team 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried that. Still not working. No light, nothing
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
I've tried that. Still not working. No light, nothing

Thats not good :(. We would advice you to take this box back. Let us know how you get on. Once you recieve your new box you will be able to sign in with the same account. 

Thanks Niamh

The NOWTV Team 😉

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's the white one
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

How long have you had your 'white' NOW TV box? It might have reached the end of it's useful life Smiley Sad

The original white boxes are really showing their age now as their processing power is pretty limited when it comes to running some of todays third-party apps. Some people have had some success deleting apps and/or reseting their white boxes to free up memory. However, if the problem persits you're probably better off treating yourself to the newer 'black' NOW TV box.

By contrast, the 'black' boxes which were released in Aug 2015 offer twice the RAM memory and a faster 'dual' core CPU. And can be connected to the internet via WiFi or wired ethernet.

Cheers