cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

MLB (baseball) app not updating

I have had a now tv (white) box for 4 year and have downloaded the MLB app to keep up to date with the baseball. However the new baseball season has started, but when I load the app it show the current game as being the last game from the world series in October. Is there a way to get the app to show details of current games.

Bernard

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Welcome to the forum. I don't use the MLB app but it's possible the app on the White box is out of date and/or the new app isn't compatible with the White box. From the home screen if you go to App Store > News Weather Sport > MLB.TV which version number is it showing available? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Never used this App myself, but i have just checked it out on my newer nowtv smart box and it shows dates of baseball games all the way up to todays date the 30th of March.

You could try deleting the App by highlighting the MLB App in My Apps, then press the star button on the remote where you have given the option to remove the App.

Then go back into the App Store and Add the App back again, then maybe switch off the box at the power mains for 30 secs to see if it works.

If that fails, maybe try to see if there is a software update on the box by following these instructions

https://help.nowtv.com/article/app-not-working-on-now-tv-box-stick

The old nowtv white boxes are a bit long in tooth nowadays and do tend to struggle with some of the more power hungry Apps.

Perhaps somebody on here who owns a nowtv white box can check if the MLB App on their box is working for them. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After reading the feedback, I figure that the only thing I could try was buying the newer version of the Now TV box. I did this and when I loaded the MLB apps, it is now showing the latest baseball games.

Some info that may help anybody else with problems. The four year old white Now TV box is device 2400SK. The new Now TV box is device 4500SK. The old MLB apps is version 3.13 build 21070227, the new app is version 5.1 build 2108032201.

Thank you for the feedback.