cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG Smart TV and Now TV Box-have I confused the system(apart from myself)?

I have a now tv box and an LG smart tv and seemed to have confused Now TV and myself.

Any suggestions about how obtain service as I have registered and the service is shown as OK. Perhaps it is because I created the account on my PC and I can't find a way to enter my user name and p/word on the TV.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Al

12 REPLIES 12
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Is it that you can't find where to enter the login details, or they aren't accepted?

When you first set up a NOW TV box you are asked to enter your login details, alternately you can open the NOW TV app on the box and go to the My Account screen to sign in and out of the app.

I don't use a LG TV app but I would imagine it prompts you on first opening for login details, or again you can sign in and out on the My Account screen. I'll tag @commanda6 who uses an LG TV to confirm or correct.

If your details aren't being accepted though it may be your account isn't fully set up, check you've entered your payment details on 

https://account.nowtv.com/payment-details

and that any passes you expect to have are showing on 

https://account.nowtv.com/passes

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Thanks for your reply!

I set up my account via my lap top, the Now TV app downloaded, pass showing and payment details are set up and the application is OK to run.

The problem is when I go into Now TV on the smart TV, I am asked for User Name and Password which I have input but the system says it does not recognise either (I can log in on my lap top) This is why I wonder if I have caused a problem in having set up the account originally by virtue of having the app on my TV and also having a Now TV Box. It is somewhat frustrating !

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have a now tv box and an LG smart tv and seemed to have confused Now TV and myself.

Any suggestions about how obtain service as I have registered and the service is shown as OK. Perhaps it is because I created the account on my PC and I can't find a way to enter my user name and p/word on the TV.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Al

Hi @Anonymous User

So if I understand correctly, your now TV box is working okay, but you can't figure out how to login on your LG smart TV. Am I correct?

If I remember correctly. The LG Smart TV app doesn't always prompt you to sign in as soon as you start the app sometimes you have to go to the my account section in the app and then sign in.

Can you post a picture of what you're seeing when you start the app on your LG smart TV and then myself @Andy or a member of NowTV staff might be able to help you out

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi  Commanda6

Thanks for your reply!

The TV screen doesn't get beyond the photograph below - sorry for the image.

There is one other problem I haven't mentioned - the Home page on my TV, apart from Now TV is only showing TV Guide, and any connected HDMI inputs. When I tried to look using the Now TV Box, it showed 2 Now TV apps in the Home page together with all the originall displayed items. I presume that the once not now showing are ones which Now TV gives access to anyway. 

Sorry for all this but am 71 and find it somewhat confusing.

Alan

IMG_1674.JPG

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Commanda6

Had to exit the previous as concerned was about  to lose the content.

After getting into the screen above, nothing happens to exit and takes me to a Highlights screen and if I OK that it moves on to a more specific screen on the previously highlighted item (EG title, 1 season 3 episodes) If I OK that by cliking 'watch now' , it the takes me to the log in screen which as I mentioned before does not recognise  user name/ email nor password.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I must say I'm getting a little confused by this now as well.

So you can now get to the login screen on the app on your LG TV  , but you can't login my? I would say reset your password, but you can login to the forum so that means your password is correct.

From what you've said your now TV box appears to be set up but you have to NowTV apps. To watch any content which is part of NowTV passes you need to use the NowTV app on the box that I'm a bit confused as to why you have to apps. The NowTV app that on the top row of the apps page on the box will definitely be the one that will work. Going to the app and see if you can watch some content. Alternatively you can press the NowTV button on your now TV box remote this will take you straight into be app.

As this is a bit strange. I'm going to give a member of the now TV team the heads up as a member of staff might be able to help you more @Tony-D 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@commanda6 wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

I must say I'm getting a little confused by this now as well.

So you can now get to the login screen on the app on your LG TV  , but you can't login my? I would say reset your password, but you can login to the forum so that means your password is correct.

From what you've said your now TV box appears to be set up but you have to NowTV apps. To watch any content which is part of NowTV passes you need to use the NowTV app on the box that I'm a bit confused as to why you have to apps. The NowTV app that on the top row of the apps page on the box will definitely be the one that will work. Going to the app and see if you can watch some content. Alternatively you can press the NowTV button on your now TV box remote this will take you straight into be app.

As this is a bit strange. I'm going to give a member of the now TV team the heads up as a member of staff might be able to help you more @Tony-D 

Hi @Anonymous User 

Can you confrim to me that the username you see when you log into 'My Account' is matching wiht the username you are using to log into the NOW TV App on your LG Smart TV. Also, have you tried using your email address to log into the NOW TV App on your LG Smart TV?

Thanks. It's very confusing isn't it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tony D

I can confirm that I have only ever logged in to both LG smart TV and Now TV using my email address.

Al

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User silly question did you click on the Now app on your TV or an advert on the TV?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.