cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just bought a white tv box and can't activate it

I just bought a white box today, as my TV is an older model (11 years old) and doesn't have a HDMI cable. I've plugged in the box and connected it to the TV with an AV lead, but the screen remains black - no Now TV logo or set up screen.

I tried turning the box on and off, but it made no difference. I also tried resetting it with a pin, but that caused a bunch of squiggly white moving lines to appear on my TV, but nothing useful. I've also rebooted my wifi box, in case that helped. Still nothing.

So what do I do now?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I just bought a white box today, as my TV is an older model (11 years old) and doesn't have a HDMI cable. I've plugged in the box and connected it to the TV with an AV lead, but the screen remains black - no Now TV logo or set up screen.

I tried turning the box on and off, but it made no difference. I also tried resetting it with a pin, but that caused a bunch of squiggly white moving lines to appear on my TV, but nothing useful. I've also rebooted my wifi box, in case that helped. Still nothing.

So what do I do now?

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you see the LED on the front of the box? If you can box is definitely powered and turned on.

You're probably getting a blank screen because you have to use a specific type of AV cable. AV cables are not all the same. The one you need is at the link below

https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/products/white-now-tv-box-av-cable?section=tv&category=cables

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

So what do I do now?

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you see the LED on the front of the box? If you can box is definitely powered and turned on.

You're probably getting a blank screen because you have to use a specific type of AV cable. AV cables are not all the same. The one you need is at the link below

https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/products/white-now-tv-box-av-cable?section=tv&category=cables

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for replying - much appreciated.

I light on the front of the box is on. I'm not certain if that cable will work, though - the cable in the link you provided has 3 outputs to the TV (red, white and yellow) and my TV only has 2 inputs (white and yellow). 

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

That's the cable sky recommend sky/now TV recommend in their help articles . See here if you click the cable picture in the article. It takes you to the page. I directed you to.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

the cable in the link you provided has 3 outputs to the TV (red, white and yellow) and my TV only has 2 inputs (white and yellow). 

@Anonymous User the red and white parts are for left/right audio, sounds like your TV only has one speaker, you would be fine to leave the red unplugged (although some audio would be lost if it's on the right channel only). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The new cable just arrived in the post, and it has fixed the problem. Thanks to everyone for their help.