cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Issues with white now tv box

I’ve recently signed up to now tv again after not using it for a while. I tried to use my original now tv box but I’m getting a message saying the box is no longer compatible with now tv. It’s an official now tv box?!?! Think it’s a roku box. What is going on? I’m signed up for two passes and can’t watch either?! Surely now tv font expect you to buy another box or stick on top of subscriptions when you’ve already purchased a box in the past??? And you can’t get the app via firestick! And there no number to ring customer service?! This is really bad and terrible cutomer support!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

I feel for you, @Anonymous User , but all support and therefore functionality for the white box ended on October 6. If was widely advertised for more than a month, but if you haven’t used NowTV for a while, you would ‘t have seen the notifications. NowTV did try to notify everyone with a white box as their main box about a free stick to replace it or a voucher for a cut-price stick.

However, by not using your white box, you have, unfortunately, fallen through the cracks. It is, of course, possible that the email is sitting in your spam folder.

Try the online chat facility and explain your position. I know they are holding a stock of smart sticks for people like you who missed the announcement.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

I feel for you, @Anonymous User , but all support and therefore functionality for the white box ended on October 6. If was widely advertised for more than a month, but if you haven’t used NowTV for a while, you would ‘t have seen the notifications. NowTV did try to notify everyone with a white box as their main box about a free stick to replace it or a voucher for a cut-price stick.

However, by not using your white box, you have, unfortunately, fallen through the cracks. It is, of course, possible that the email is sitting in your spam folder.

Try the online chat facility and explain your position. I know they are holding a stock of smart sticks for people like you who missed the announcement.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Mark_Weinreb! you’re right I didn’t see any of the marketing regarding this. I’ll see if there’s anything in spam emails, but I seemed to be going round in circles on the chat facility... but thanks for responding 👍👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same has happened to me. got no help from now tv, i have 2 passes now thinking i should cancel my now tv and try a fire stick 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Now TV is on the Amazon Fire stick. So you’ll be able watch Now TV on that device.

As the white box was decommissioned back in October don’t be shocked to receive no assistance from Now TV.

6CF1B9DF-0465-4A85-8664-D591E9E637D3.png

Roku are doing a promotion to save 25% on the Roku stick with your Now TV white box

https://rokuupgrade.co.uk/uk/roku-premiere?gclid=Cj0KCQiAlZH_BRCgARIsAAZHSBl5rZn_pakASgMZ8LOKlgSf5nblYBqSwQ7wvyhqECRiswa2EWQpAXUaAu-nEALw_wcB

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help