cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have purchased the now tv box

I had have been charged £68.49 I can't understand why as I should have a two week trial
7 REPLIES 7
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User that's far more than any of the passes with free trials. Where did you buy the box.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Last Friday the 15 th September
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @4268

Hi Nicky

You know, £68.49 is the price you would pay for a Roku 3 box, not a Now TV one which is about £15.00.  

UK Bob

Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy that makes sense. @Anonymous User where not when did you buy.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @4268

Hi again Nicky

If you have bought a Roku Box, instead of a Now TV one, then I'm not sure if the Roku comes with the free 14 days as you expect.

I've just quickly checked my Roku 3 box cover and there is nothing on it about any free Now TV trial, however that's not to say that Now TV will not offer you the free trial period.  Perhaps a @Anonymous User member will clarify this point, i.e. do Roku buyers get the 14 day Now TV free trial period?

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

When signing up for an account you will be eligible for the free trial even if you have a ROKU box. The free trial is available to all new customers who have never had that pass before and are signing up for it for the first time with NOW TV.

Thanks for bringing this to us @ukbobboy

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:
@ukbobboy that makes sense. @Anonymous User where not when did you buy.

Hi @Anonymous User

I think @4268 and @ukbobboy are onto something you might not have brought an NowTV device and could well have brought a standard Roku

I too would be interested to know where you brought your box from because the only product that you can get NowTV directly that comes close to that price is a NowTV smart box bundled with a five-month entertainment pass button that comes out at £69.99 not £68.49

http://www.nowtv.com/smart-box-bundles

The closest thing I can find to what you've paid is the 2015 version of the Roku 2 (model number 4205E) . I'm pretty sure the second generation NowTV box is (model  number 4200SK  and the smart box has a model code of 4500SK the model number will be on the bottom of your box or you should be able to see the model number by going to the about page in the settings menu.

If you go to the'view my bills area of my account . Is there a charge for  £68.49 listed? There is and then the chances are the charge hasn't come from NowTV themselves. As this one is a bit strange. I'm going to copy in @Tony-D , who is a member of NowTV staff.

As far as I'm aware, as long as you're using a new now TV account with a payment card that hasn't been used with NowTV before on a previous account. You should get a free trial regardless of what device you're using to access now TV as the 14 day trial is a standard thing across the cinema, entertainment and kids passes

EDIT 

and just as I post @Anonymous User appears Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.