cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why does my now tv box not recognise username and or password

Why does my now tv box not recognise username or password -both correct and case correct

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No result code just prompts try again

View solution in original post

838 REPLIES 838
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem. I have just factory reset the box. It connects to nowtv downloads all of the apps. So hey it must be doing some authentication. Then when I go to now tv. Select a channel such as sky sports 1. It asks to log in again. Enter same user name and password as before. Fill in the stupid robots are naughty question and it then says "Sorry, we did not recognise your details". Oh you mean the same details used to download the apps. Oh and the same details that I am using to post here.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Which model of NOW TV box do you have?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @SeeMoreDigital

I have the first black roku box 4200SK. In fact I have 2. I factory reset one of them and have the same problem with box boxes now even after a factory reset. Whenever the box boots up and I go to nowtv it brings up the welcome to now tv screen. 1/3 welecome screen. Then whenever I attempt to do anything it asks me to log. And it always fails to authenticate.

Many thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cant believe this is so common and hasnt been fixed yet. Customer service seems a joke. All I can see is copy and paste responses "Can you just try again". Any work around for this annoying fault? Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have one of the new boxes and has reset and updated a number of times before anyone asks.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

How long have you had your 'white' NOW TV box @Anonymous User. Nothing lasts forever, perhaps it's time to upgrade!

You may be interested to know that Argos are still offering the following NOW TV 'black' box bundles: -

NOW TV 'black' box with 6 month 'Entertainment' pass @ £19.99

NOW TV 'black' box with 4 month 'Cinema' pass @ £19.99

EDIT: I can see that you've now posted that you have "one of the new boxes". Which model do you have?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too. Account for the last few years. All fine until the box updated with the new 3 page "why not get a pass" thing. Now can't sign in on either box. One is white one is black. Both failed same day. Reset with pin. No good. Reset with factory pin number. No good. Changed passwoed. No good.

So now I'm forced to watch on my 7" tablet for ever, or let my vouchers go to waste!

Support no help. Just factory reset, which obviously isn't the problem.

It is Obvious that it was the last over the air update that has caused the problem.

All other Apps work fine.

This is the problem with devices from companies that can do their own updates that are out of your control. They screw things up!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User

Sorry for the late reply If you have special characters in your Password please change the password so that only numbers and letters are in the password. With the last update special characters are no longer accepted which is preventing some customers from logging in. We're working to resolve this however in the meantime please change your password so that their is no special characters.

Cheers

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK...     That worked....

I hope that you will fix this though so that special characters can be included in passwords again, as they are far more secure and of course, that you will sack whoever it was that made that mistake on the software update and cost me and many others hours of unhappy children and messing about entering wifi passwords and details over and over again please?

Thanks,

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good to hear that its sorted now @Anonymous User

All nessesary steps are being taken to resolve this soon.

CHeers

Eddie