cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to watch now tv box on 2 televisions

I have just ordered a now tv box and will be hooking it up to my tv in bedroom. Is it possible to watch content in the other tv downstairs at same time? Otherwise using 2 devices
How would this work. Would you need to take remote downstairs to use?
Thanks. A bit new to this. Getting movies for £15 for 6 months so giving it a go.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The NowTV service has a device Limit of 4 and a streaming to devices limit of 2 at the same time...

This 2 devices means any 2 of those 4 including the PC you can play content on.

If you want Dual TVs running seperate films on NowTV. that requires a second box/device.

If you want a HDTV in the other room to display the same film for the cheapest way, that requires a HDMI splitter and a long second HDMI cable... To send the IR remote signals to another room requires a IR reciever and IR blaster set up...

All these extra things can be purchased from electronics retailers...

Its just cheaper to get another cloned Ruko NowTV box.. for £9.99 others allready got 3 boxes... but can only watch nowTV on 2 at the same time..  

View solution in original post

176 REPLIES 176
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you are looking to save money the voucher code method is the way to go.

This is the method that i use for both my entertainment and cinema passes, just remember that the voucher code has an expiry date of 12 months from the date of purchase from the Retailer and you can apply a new code within the last 30 days of when you current voucher on your account is going to expire.

Normally when there is good deal out there for the vouchers NowTV members will usually post the deals here on the forums.

Also, through experience i find that the Bank Holidays, Black Friday, Christmas Period and January Sales seem to be a good time to buy the voucher codes at a lower reduced price.

The deals in the past that i normally try to go for (If available and depending on how many passes that i have ready to apply to my account over the 12 month period) are the 6 months entertainment for £20 and 4 month cinema for £20.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for your voucher info

morfGB

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Morf

First, you can use up to 4 boxes on one account or a combination of boxes and/or NowTV apps up to 4 devices, so using two TVs with two boxes with you current account is not a problem.

I say this because I have two boxes with two TVs, one combo used by me and the other combo (box and TV) used by my son, all run from my single account.

Second, your passes, likewise, are used on your account and all you have to do, to insure NowTV does not take any money from your debit or credit card, is apply your new (2 month) pass within 30 days of your current pass ending, that way your new pass will start immediately after your current pass ends.

Believe it or not, I just added a new 2 month pass today, to my account, to start from 28th July and end on 27th September.

OK, just a couple of extra points:

1) Whenever you add a new pass always insure you add that pass between 30 to 10 days of the current pass ending, that is the sweet spot, i.e. not too early to be rejected and not too late so that NowTV can still take money from you.

2) Whenever you add a new pass to your account always take a screen print when the pass is accepted.  Unfortunately, some users have reported that their passes have vanished from their accounts and since they have no proof, i.e. receipt or screen print, NowTV may not issue a credit for the missing pass.

Hope this helps

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks very much

,it's clear to me now .very useful re copying pass just incase.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of adding a second device ie nowtv box.

I'm already watching via my desktop tower pc, with movies and entertainment passes.

So if I buy a nowtv box do I have to buy movies and entertainment passes again for that box also ?.

Or is it just just stream to both pc and nowtv box with exsisting movie and entertainment passes to 2 devices is that how it works. As I can,t find info on these questions.

Also because I sign in online with my browser on desktop pc, what if I'm out and pc is shut down. But my missus wants to watch nowtv via the nowtv box, can she still sign in but through nowtv box ect. 

I'm confused on these things, as I keep finding different responses. 

So can some give me the correct proper answers, in step by step answer please.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of adding a second device ie nowtv box.

I'm already watching via my desktop tower pc, with movies and entertainment passes.

So if I buy a nowtv box do I have to buy movies and entertainment passes again for that box also ?.

Or is it just just stream to both pc and nowtv box with exsisting movie and entertainment passes to 2 devices is that how it works. As I can,t find info on these questions.

Also because I sign in online with my browser on desktop pc, what if I'm out and pc is shut down. But my missus wants to watch nowtv via the nowtv box, can she still sign in but through nowtv box ect. 

I'm confused on these things, as I keep finding different responses. 

So can some give me the correct proper answers, in step by step answer please.

Hi @Anonymous User 

Each NowTV account can help four devices registered, so in short, you won't need to buy any more. NowTV passes. As part of the setup process when your new box you will be asked to sign in to your current now TV account, meaning you will get access to all the passes you are currently paying for.

A device becomes a registered device when you watch NowTV content on it for the first time. So in reality, it would be better to describe registered devices as devices which are authorised to view now TV content

On a NowTV account, you can watch to streams simultaneously, which means two of your four registered devices can be streaming NowTV content at a given time

Once, and now TV box has been signed in to a NowTV account, it should stay signed in which means you'll be able to watch regardless of whether you are signed in on your PC

I hope I've helped you outSmiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Ewok

I'm gonna bounce through your questions and provide you with, hopefully, answers that you'll like.

Here we go:

1) You asked, "if I buy a Now TV box do I have to buy movies and entertainment passes again for that box also?". No you don't, your existing passes will cover your new box, in fact you can use up to 4 devices on one Now TV account.

2) You also said, "...is it just just stream to both PC and Now TV box with existing movie and entertainment passes to 2 devices is that how it works?". That question seems a bit muddled but I think I know what you are after.  You can watch two devices simultaneously, i.e. you can watch a Now TV programme on your PC while you wife watches another on the TV via the box.

3) Finally you asked, "... my missus wants to watch Now TV via the Now TV box, can she still sign in but through Now TV box ect.". Yes she can, in fact once the Now TV box is set up properly there will be no need or requirement to sign into the box every time you want to use it, that info is automatically held.  I say this because I set up a Now TV box for my son and he, and his girlfriend, do not need to sign into the box, they just use it.

If you need any further help or need me to clarify any points then get back to me.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
2) You also said, "...is it just just stream to both PC and Now TV box with existing movie and entertainment passes to 2 devices is that how it works?". That question seems a bit muddled but I think I know what you are after. You can watch two devices simultaneously, i.e. you can watch a Now TV programme on your PC while you wife watches another on the TV via the box. yeh sorry about that - i meant can you stream to both pc and now tv box from using just 1 movie and entertainment pass from my account - ie is that how it works. nowtv seams to lack a lot of instructions one what you need and what you don,t need once you start getting more boxes, as the information is buried and a lot of people don,t know where to look or find answers as its all over the place. i just had no idea you could have multiple boxes and use just 1 move pass and 1 entertainment pass for all the boxes or with your desktop ect. but yeh i love nowtv its excactly the way to go for tv and its what i have been after for ages. Only moan is not all the movies are that good, i noticed they threw in a lot of lold out of date stuff to make up the numbers, its not as clean cut as they make out or in the tv advert. anyways still good, and lots of improvement to be had if sky/nowtv do it right.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
you can add up to 4 devices on account so you dont need to buy any more passes
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Helpful post! If you get 2nd box, how do you use it in a room where there isn’t a router? Does it have to be plugged in (hard wired) to internet or can you use wifi? Thanks!