cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to watch now tv box on 2 televisions

I have just ordered a now tv box and will be hooking it up to my tv in bedroom. Is it possible to watch content in the other tv downstairs at same time? Otherwise using 2 devices
How would this work. Would you need to take remote downstairs to use?
Thanks. A bit new to this. Getting movies for £15 for 6 months so giving it a go.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The NowTV service has a device Limit of 4 and a streaming to devices limit of 2 at the same time...

This 2 devices means any 2 of those 4 including the PC you can play content on.

If you want Dual TVs running seperate films on NowTV. that requires a second box/device.

If you want a HDTV in the other room to display the same film for the cheapest way, that requires a HDMI splitter and a long second HDMI cable... To send the IR remote signals to another room requires a IR reciever and IR blaster set up...

All these extra things can be purchased from electronics retailers...

Its just cheaper to get another cloned Ruko NowTV box.. for £9.99 others allready got 3 boxes... but can only watch nowTV on 2 at the same time..  

View solution in original post

176 REPLIES 176
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have two nowtv boxes connected to separate TVs but using the same network. I have watched football on my PC in a previous home and different network and watched entertainment through my pass on my android mobile. Tried to watch entertainment last night and was told maximum no of devices reached. Went online to check & only had the Roku box and Android phone shown so how have I exceeded 4 devices? Does each Nowtv box count as a device and would it be different if connected via LAN rather than wireless, which I have done a few times?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User your NOW TV boxes are a device each, no matter how they are connected.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have the movie package which i am happy with.

i want sky sports on another now tv box in another room. is this possible? and who much will this cost? 

thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User do you already have another NOW TV box? If you do, just buy a sports pass (day/week/month depending on your need) via the website and you can watch it on either.

If you don't have a second box, pop to Argos, Currys, Tesco etc and you can get one with Sport Passes included (£25 for the box and two one day sport passes). Make sure you login to the box with your exisiting details so you can then watch your current movie pass on it if you want.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

My friend has given me his nowtv box as he's leaving the country and cancelled his account. Can I set it up with my account to use for another tv in the house?

Many Thanks

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

First things first. Make sure you perform a Hard / factory reset on the NOW TV Box. After that all you need to do is log onto your existing NOW TV account using the same login details as your other NOW TV devices.

You can have up-to four NOW TV playback devices registered to one NOW TV account and watch on two devices at the same time Smiley Wink

For more detailed information please look here.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks that's great @SeeMoreDigital

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I am going to buy a 2nd nowtv box with 2 month entertainment pass.I am currently using an existing entertainment pass.

How do I follow on from existing pass to new one?

This is first post so please excuse any errors

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

When you are ready to apply the voucher code scratch card that comes with the box, just go to the NowTV website homepage with your internet browser and click on My Account > My Passes and add the voucher code next to the green apply voucher button next to your NowTV pass.

If you are currently on a voucher offer then you can add your new voucher code within the last 30 days of the existing voucher offer expiry date.

Just make sure that you apply the voucher code to your existing nowtv username account.

Also you can have a maximum of four nowtv devices and two simultaneous streams on your nowtv single account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi very useful .I wasn't sure abt all additional passes coming via voucher.now it is clear that I can use additional passes when I like.or within a year I believe.

Thanks for the advice