cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to watch now tv box on 2 televisions

I have just ordered a now tv box and will be hooking it up to my tv in bedroom. Is it possible to watch content in the other tv downstairs at same time? Otherwise using 2 devices
How would this work. Would you need to take remote downstairs to use?
Thanks. A bit new to this. Getting movies for £15 for 6 months so giving it a go.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The NowTV service has a device Limit of 4 and a streaming to devices limit of 2 at the same time...

This 2 devices means any 2 of those 4 including the PC you can play content on.

If you want Dual TVs running seperate films on NowTV. that requires a second box/device.

If you want a HDTV in the other room to display the same film for the cheapest way, that requires a HDMI splitter and a long second HDMI cable... To send the IR remote signals to another room requires a IR reciever and IR blaster set up...

All these extra things can be purchased from electronics retailers...

Its just cheaper to get another cloned Ruko NowTV box.. for £9.99 others allready got 3 boxes... but can only watch nowTV on 2 at the same time..  

View solution in original post

176 REPLIES 176
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this problem too. With my 2nd Now TV box on my 2nd TV in another room, even when my initial TV is off, when I try to log on to my account using my user name and password I consistently get a message telling me an unexpected error has occured in signing on and I need to try again. I have checked and double checked the accuracy of my user name and password and this has continued to happen for a week now. However when I go back to my first TV I have not difficulty in signing on. PLEASE HELP.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Warrenhouse.I have had this trouble too. Unfortunately in my case the situation is unresolvable. I have tried moving tv's closer to the router, re setting the now TV boxes, double checking I am using the appropriate user name and password, buying brand new Now TV boxes, and only having one tv on at a time, all to no avail. I can only obtain the service on one TV with one now TV box, as soon as I try a second TV on the same account I get exactly the same error prompt as you. Very frustrating, but there we go!!Smiley Frustrated

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  and @Anonymous User 

You should be able to use up to four NOW TV boxes on the same account, though only 2 can be used at any one time. Any other compatible device would also be included in the total of four.

As you've both reported this today I shall raise this now with NOW TV staff to see if anything has changed recently.

They should reply to this thread.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you Daz_S I really appreciate this. It is a great service and that is
why I am so frustrated not to be able to use my 2nd TV with my 2nd Now TV
box on my account.

Best wishes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No probs;)

I have raised it as soon as I posted and if it transpires that we can still use multiple boxes on one account then we'll work through your set up to try and find the reason why.

From experience, most of the time, I'd have to say it's either using the wrong account credentials or a wifi interference/range issue. Swapping the non working box to where the working box is located can help prove wifi issues.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Simon,

my LG smart TV was showing a NowTV app which I was using until the 24th August this year.  Is there any way I can get it on my TV again?  Or is buying a second box and linking it to my account my only option?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do u use one now TV box on 2 TVs in separate rooms?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do u use one now TV box on 2 TVs in separate rooms has the TV in the room got to be a smart TV ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi  @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  As far as I'm aware it's not possible to get one NOW TV box to stream to 2 TVs.  Maybe the cheapest option is to buy a second box, other options would be using a Chromecast or Roku streaming stick.  Both offer a different selection of apps.  

Regarding the second TV being a Smart TV, this could work if it were an LG with the NOW TV app preinstalled.

I hope this helps, if not please re-post and a member of the NOW TV Team/forum member will get you up and running

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just bought a new Sony Tv. My old Tv had access to our Now account through apps which appeared automatically when we set up the Now box on another TV upstairs. I expected the app to automatically appear on my new tv but it didn’t: need access to now tv on our new TV, how can I do this.