cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to watch now tv box on 2 televisions

I have just ordered a now tv box and will be hooking it up to my tv in bedroom. Is it possible to watch content in the other tv downstairs at same time? Otherwise using 2 devices
How would this work. Would you need to take remote downstairs to use?
Thanks. A bit new to this. Getting movies for £15 for 6 months so giving it a go.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The NowTV service has a device Limit of 4 and a streaming to devices limit of 2 at the same time...

This 2 devices means any 2 of those 4 including the PC you can play content on.

If you want Dual TVs running seperate films on NowTV. that requires a second box/device.

If you want a HDTV in the other room to display the same film for the cheapest way, that requires a HDMI splitter and a long second HDMI cable... To send the IR remote signals to another room requires a IR reciever and IR blaster set up...

All these extra things can be purchased from electronics retailers...

Its just cheaper to get another cloned Ruko NowTV box.. for £9.99 others allready got 3 boxes... but can only watch nowTV on 2 at the same time..  

View solution in original post

176 REPLIES 176
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The NOW TV service permits you to register up-to four playback devices and view their service on up-to two at the same time.

You can find out which devices you currently have registered by selecting the: 'My Account' button and accessing 'Manage Devices'.

Cheers

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @SeeMoreDigital

Hi Paul

I, too, went through a similar situation to yours, i.e have one main NowTV box and added a second box, for my son, about six months later.

And this is how it worked:

1) First black box set up on existing white box account, no problem because white box died. NowTV system, when it auto updated, deleted the white box from my account.  I would have deleted the white box anyway if this did not happen.

2) Second black box arrived six months later and I set it up with my existing accounts, all the NowTV vouchers I use for my original black box are all automatically available for my son's black box, no user intervention is required or necessary. 

You see, your NowTV vouchers or payments are attached to your account, not to individual devices, so any device or app, up to a maximum of 4, that's attached to your account can use and share all the facilities of that account.

I hope this helps

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

My question is can I use both boxes on the 1 account I set up 6 months ago and how will the free 2 months free movies with the new box conflict with the offer of  4 months movies at £3.99 on my old box

@Anonymous User

You can use both boxes on the same account.

You can apply the "@Anonymous User 2 months free movies" voucher after your 4 months @ £3.99 has ended.  No conflict.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thankyou very much Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Billy Jo

Thanks for your post.

Yes, you can purchase more than one box. If you create a second account the free trial period will start from when you complete the creation of the account. To register the device is simple, just attempt to play a movie.

Kind Regards

Adrian

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, could someone just clarify this for me, I bought and installed a now tv box with a free sports pass the other day, everything is working fine so far, and ive not yet used the sports pass, today i purchased another box with 3 months movies, now my question is, i have 2 tvs in different rooms and my kids will be watching one, and i the other, when im installing the second box on tv 2, do i use the same account that i already have, or do i create a new one,

i want to end up with my sports pass from the first box to play on both tvs, and my movies pass from my second box to play on both tvs,

Is this the way to go about it, thanks in advance.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just use the one account, you can have four devices on your account and use two at the same time.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
You can have up to 4 boxes on one account. All you do is sign in your new device with your now tv account and password. I have 4 working, can watch 2 channels on entertainment and 2 channels on movies at the same time
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I use 2 separate now tv boxes in 2 different houses on the one account? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User yup.