cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to watch now tv box on 2 televisions

I have just ordered a now tv box and will be hooking it up to my tv in bedroom. Is it possible to watch content in the other tv downstairs at same time? Otherwise using 2 devices
How would this work. Would you need to take remote downstairs to use?
Thanks. A bit new to this. Getting movies for £15 for 6 months so giving it a go.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The NowTV service has a device Limit of 4 and a streaming to devices limit of 2 at the same time...

This 2 devices means any 2 of those 4 including the PC you can play content on.

If you want Dual TVs running seperate films on NowTV. that requires a second box/device.

If you want a HDTV in the other room to display the same film for the cheapest way, that requires a HDMI splitter and a long second HDMI cable... To send the IR remote signals to another room requires a IR reciever and IR blaster set up...

All these extra things can be purchased from electronics retailers...

Its just cheaper to get another cloned Ruko NowTV box.. for £9.99 others allready got 3 boxes... but can only watch nowTV on 2 at the same time..  

View solution in original post

176 REPLIES 176
Matty999
Scholar

I've got a sony Tv and the now tv app is not supported. You'll need something else to access it like a console, smart stick or another now tv box

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Can I use two NowTV boxes in the same household watching separate programmes, movies etc at the same time, on one subscription?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No you can't !!!! I tried that it would not let me register 2nd box under my user name and password. so not impressed can only watch films on my pass on one tv not 2 likes it says. did e-mail now tv over a week ago but no reply as yet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh yes you can (panto isn't over yet) @Anonymous User   You don't register the second box you simply plug it in and enter your existing details on the box and then play the content as normal. It works for me and thousands of others. Unless of course you already have four devices on your account or forgot to end the session on you computer properly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, how do you register the second box. Are the on screen instructions straightforward or are there any pitfalls to avoid? How does the free trial period work for the second box?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
You just buy the box switch it on, enter your existing user name and password and it is immediately ready to watch. It will become a registered device as soon as you watch something, there is no free trial as it will work with your existing subscription.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks.  Do I need a particularly strong wifi or will it work with just a sky dish? I would like to use the second Now tv box in our caravan but the wifi isn't that wonderful.  I have a sky dish.

thanks for the help.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi Ann

As Scottie said, you cannot use a Sky (or any other) dish to extend the range of your wi-fi signal but you can use a wi-fi extenders.

Wi-Fi extenders are specially made to extend your wi-fi signal into places were your normal signal cannot reach, here's a range of makes and models available from Amazon UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=wi-fi+extender

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend a particular model but if you do some research I'm sure you can find the right model for your particular situation.

To get your research started here is a video, made by Bill Bennett famed for doing "Plain English Reviews" of tech equipment and putting them on YouTube.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2teZCpFM4w

Hope this helps

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Stuart,

Many thanks for your advice, can now watch movies on both boxes and tv's in different rooms 😀

Cheers

Brenda

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had now box for 6 months subscribed to movies,I went thru the process of cancelation and they offered me 4 months cinema at £3.99 per month which I took

my offer starts in 4 days time but have decided to buy another now box to watch upstairs which has 2 months free movies

My question is can I use both boxes on the 1 account I set up 6 months ago and how will the free 2 months free movies with the new box conflict with the offer of  4 months movies at £3.99 on my old box

thanks