cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

How to watch now tv box on 2 televisions

I have just ordered a now tv box and will be hooking it up to my tv in bedroom. Is it possible to watch content in the other tv downstairs at same time? Otherwise using 2 devices
How would this work. Would you need to take remote downstairs to use?
Thanks. A bit new to this. Getting movies for £15 for 6 months so giving it a go.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Champion

Re: How to watch now tv box on 2 televisions

The NowTV service has a device Limit of 4 and a streaming to devices limit of 2 at the same time...

This 2 devices means any 2 of those 4 including the PC you can play content on.

If you want Dual TVs running seperate films on NowTV. that requires a second box/device.

If you want a HDTV in the other room to display the same film for the cheapest way, that requires a HDMI splitter and a long second HDMI cable... To send the IR remote signals to another room requires a IR reciever and IR blaster set up...

All these extra things can be purchased from electronics retailers...

Its just cheaper to get another cloned Ruko NowTV box.. for £9.99 others allready got 3 boxes... but can only watch nowTV on 2 at the same time..  

I Do not work for SkyUK or NowTV...

As I No longer live in the UK, I no longer run the NowTv boxes... So am an Ex Community Contributor user

SIEE Beta Tester since PS2. Rejected PSP and VITA day one...

Currently own and run these devices PS3, PS4, Chromecast, Sky+HD box, Quad OS boot HP Laptop, Amazon Fire tablet and TV box

View solution in original post

162 Replies
Highlighted
Champion

The NowTV service has a device Limit of 4 and a streaming to devices limit of 2 at the same time...

This 2 devices means any 2 of those 4 including the PC you can play content on.

If you want Dual TVs running seperate films on NowTV. that requires a second box/device.

If you want a HDTV in the other room to display the same film for the cheapest way, that requires a HDMI splitter and a long second HDMI cable... To send the IR remote signals to another room requires a IR reciever and IR blaster set up...

All these extra things can be purchased from electronics retailers...

Its just cheaper to get another cloned Ruko NowTV box.. for £9.99 others allready got 3 boxes... but can only watch nowTV on 2 at the same time..  

I Do not work for SkyUK or NowTV...

As I No longer live in the UK, I no longer run the NowTv boxes... So am an Ex Community Contributor user

SIEE Beta Tester since PS2. Rejected PSP and VITA day one...

Currently own and run these devices PS3, PS4, Chromecast, Sky+HD box, Quad OS boot HP Laptop, Amazon Fire tablet and TV box

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

As GraphiteGB says, just buy another box rather than messing around with HDMI splitters etc etc. You can use the two boxes with the same account. 

----
Community member trying to help other members out. If you found my post helpful then please click the give kudos button below. thank you 🙂

Currently watching Now TV through Xbox One & Asus Nexus Player. Happy to help with questions regarding these.
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Mentor

So one account will do two boxes. Thought I would have to subsribe twice. This sounds good.
Highlighted

Can I use same account of first tv if it is a smart one

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Baloon123.

Thanks for posting.

You can use your account on up to 4 devices. You can watch on up to 2 at the same time.

Currently the only Smart TV's we support is LG. You can find the NOW TV app under Premium Apps on your LG Smart TV, if you can't see this it may not be supported on that model. 

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Highlighted
Mentor

I am trying to istall my second box but it is not accepting my username and password keeps saying error try again?

Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi Tgeei,

Thank you for your post.

Please ensure you are using the same username and password that use for your active NOW TV account on your pc/laptop or a mac.

Thanks,

Zaheer

NOW TV Team.

Highlighted
Advocate

Can I use two NowTV boxes in the same household watching separate programmes, movies etc at the same time, on one subscription?

Highlighted
Advocate

Hi, how do you register the second box. Are the on screen instructions straightforward or are there any pitfalls to avoid? How does the free trial period work for the second box?