cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hitachi TV - HELP ASAP

Hi there
I stupidly signed up for NOW TV without checking if my TV is compainless 😭. I have a Hitachi Smart TV. Do I need a NOWTV box to make this work with my TV? Help needed please
6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

As you have found out, Hitachi smart TV's don't have the NowTV App on their smart platform Smiley Sad

List of supported devices in this help article linked below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Should have added if you don't own any supported devices from my previous post, then I would be inclined personally myself to go for the nowtv smart stick over the nowtv box.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-a-now-tv-smart-stick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i am having the same problem !! oops !! does this mean i should stop my entertainment/hayu contract and just buy a stick instead? or will i be able to log my account into the stick so that i don’t have to pay extra? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

How was you watching your nowtv entertainment and Hayu passes previously ?

Have you just bought a new Hitachi TV or other branded TV and realised that there is no NowTV App inbuilt into the TV ?

If you buy a nowtv stick, when you set it up, just login to the stick with your existing nowtv account details and your entertainment & Hayu passes should be there available to watch.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
before i was watching it on my ipad, and only ordered tv today thinking it would have now tv then went to make sure it had it and it didn’t, and didn’t want to return tv because it’s the only smart tv which includes a DVD player
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If your new TV has a HDMI port and you haven't got any devices shown on my previous link for "how to watch nowtv" such as an external nowtv box or games console etc.

Then look at either a nowtv stick, nowtv box or maybe a Roku express which would be the cheapest options in my opinion.

Once you setup your new nowtv device, just use your existing nowtv account details (where you can have a maximum of four devices on your account) then you can still use your entertainment and Hayu passes when watching on both your new TV and iPad.