cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hitachi Smart TV

Can I watch NowTV on my Hitachi Smart TV? I want to register this tv ( in the bedroom) as an extra device? I watch NowTV on my Hitachi tv (which is not a smart tv) in the living room which has the NowTV box connected to it? I assumed that I can add another device as all the adverts seem to suggest. Looking at the 'manage my devices' page it seems to suggest this can only happen with specified tvs. If this is so it's very misleading. Any advice appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Okay @Anonymous User,

Since you have the old 'white' box, I'll arrange for you topic to be moved out of the NOW TV 'smart' box sub-section and into the NOW TV 'white' box sub-section...

If you're interested here are some direct links to a couple of Argos 'bundle' product offers: -

NOW TV 'black' box with 6 month 'Entertainment' pass @ £19.99

NOW TV 'black' box with 4 month 'Cinema' pass @ £19.99

Cheers

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Currently, only LG smart televisions and some models of Samsung smart televisions offer the 'in-built' NOW TV app.

As long as you connect a NOW TV supported device to your TV, yes you can @Anonymous User,

Perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: What devices can I use to watch NOW TV?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

so basically I'm stuffed is what you are saying?  NowTV should make it clear that only certain tv's are capable of using the service? If you don't have an LG or Samsung, which I don't, the thank you and good night eh? Very strange as I watch NowTV on my Hitachi in the living room.

Thanks for taking the time to reply anyhow ;o(

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

NowTV should make it clear that only certain tv's are capable of using the service?

Personally I think NOW TV makes it as clear as they can do on their web site and on their forum.

Given that each TV manufacturer offers a variety of different models, in different countries, with different software versions and (depending on their age) different operating systems, it's far easier for the TV manafacturer to state which apps they offer.

I read the specifications for most models of branded television. And I'm often suprised how little information TV manufacturers provide about the apps they offer.

Indeed, how can it be that in 2017 not all smart TV's sold in the UK offer all four major catch-up services... Barmy!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry to disagree but I don't think that is the point.  I originally bought my NowTV box following an advert on TV which mentioned watching on several devices.  I then went to my local reseller and looked at the box.  The only requirement according to the box under 'What you need' is wifi and "TV with HDMI or AV input".  It works fine with my NonSmart Hitachi TV in the living room so one would assume it would work with a brand new smart TV in the bedroom. I still feel it needs claryifying somewhere along the line for numptys like me.  I know what you are saying 'buyer beware' etc but I wonder how many people bought it on the basis of the tv ad and looking at the box instore. It's just all very frustrating as the only way I can get NowTV in the bedroom is to buy another box and pay another monthly fee for any packages I want?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

The only requirement according to the box under 'What you need' is wifi and "TV with HDMI or AV input". It works fine with my NonSmart Hitachi TV in the living room so one would assume it would work with a brand new smart TV in the bedroom. 

It sounds like you have got the original NOW TV 'white' box. Which, provided it has not developed a malfunction should work when connected to your new bedroom TV via HDMI.

I'm currently accessing the NOW TV service using a NOW TV 'black' box, which is connected to a Panasonic TV via HDMI (HDMI input 1). It's working fine...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yep, I do have the white box.  I know it would work if moved it onto my bedroom tv, but it's the 'extra device' problem I'm trying to sort. Someone has just suggested buying another box and use the same account details to set up.  I'll investigate that  as a solution?

thanks anyhow for listening to my ramblings ;o)

cheers

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Okay @Anonymous User,

Since you have the old 'white' box, I'll arrange for you topic to be moved out of the NOW TV 'smart' box sub-section and into the NOW TV 'white' box sub-section...

If you're interested here are some direct links to a couple of Argos 'bundle' product offers: -

NOW TV 'black' box with 6 month 'Entertainment' pass @ £19.99

NOW TV 'black' box with 4 month 'Cinema' pass @ £19.99

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Buy another box and login with same details as other box you can watch on 4 devices per account
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that, do you know for certain you can have two boxes on one subscription?