cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDCP unauthorised content disabled

I suddenly can not watch anything on my Panasonic viera smart tv via my white now tv box.  It all worked fine but now no matter what I try watching it says HDCP unauthorised content disabled.

i have tried unplugging both the tv and now tv box, disconnected and reconnected the HDMI cable, disabled the screensaver and still it doesn’t work?

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried a different HDMI cable and another HDMI port on your TV ?

If that doesn't work then have you got another TV in the house with a HDMI port just to see if the HDCP message is shown on the second TV ?

Last resort try a factory re set by pushing a pin in the small reset hole at the rear of the box for about 30 secs.

If still no luck it could be possible that the HDMI port on the box could have developed a fault that is bringing up the HDCP message.

The white nowtv box is a bit long in the tooth nowadays and if it was me i would consider the nowtv black box which has a marked increase in performance over the older white box.

Curry's at the moment are selling the nowtv black box with either a bundled 2 month entertainment voucher pass or 1 month cinema pass for £9.99 Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. I found the change of HDMI port worked. Thank you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I reset and now the tv reverts straight back to tv setting at the push of any button on either remote. FRUSTRATING as just signed up for movies and entertainment...….