cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Purple Screen No picture

Hi i've seen the post here

http://help.nowtv.com/HelpArticle?id=kA1G0000000CuoxKAC&topicKey=NOW_TV_Box|NOW%20TV%20Box|1&selecte...

Last modified 20 Nov 2013

that says the HDMI Lead is the problem ?

this is the lead that was provided with the NowTV Box so do we have to buy another lead ?

i have re-set the box still the same problem, internet speed is ok 20mb +

buying new leads wont solve the problem imo as i have other HDMI Shielded leads and HDMI Leads on my Sky box i have tried them all with the NowTV Box they all have the same problem ? when connected to the NowTV Box Purple screen no picture the Sound is ok.

Is there any ideas how to resolve it ?. numerous leads dont work

is it a Box Firmware problem ?

Thanks

168 REPLIES 168
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks! Found out the problem was the HDMI wire, the connection was bent!! Got a new one and all sorted now. Thank you for taking the time to reply
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

No worries, glad you are sorted! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just done that and it worked aa the hdmi.wouldnt work in my sky either 😊 thank you so.much as nowtv help.couldnt solve the problem either and i would of had to wait 48 hours so thank you so much
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am getting the purple screen with  HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled on a purple screen. i am getting sound which is a bit annoying as i have never had any problems before. how do i get to live chat with some one at nowtv? i tried the contact us at the bottom of the page but just redirects to this forum.... any suggestions 

thanks 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Have a look at the following help page which explains what is happening

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Purple-screen-with-sound-NOW-TV-box

It's a case of messing around with the HDMI cable and TV until it works .... I find just changing the input on the TV to freeview and back again sorts it, but you might need to take the HDMI cable out of the box and TV then plug it back again, turn TV off and on again, power down the box and back up again etc. until you find the 'magic cure'!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i will persevere .... just wanted some catch tv as just back from my jollies .... thanks again 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

No worries, switching off the TV and removing the power cable from the back of the NOW TV box then switching back on usually does it, but sometimes you might need to fiddle with the HDMI cable as well. It is a pain, but usually it only happens once in a blue moon. Good luck! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks for the help... i unplugged tv now box and broadband over night... its working now ... real houswives here i come 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I've just bought my NOW TV box today and I have this error message.

Now my TV is a Toshiba 24D1433D and is only two years old, so should be compatiable.

I was wondering if anyone else had any advice? I've tried all the solutions in here but to no avail! I've spoken to the live chat guys too and they've reffered the issue but any advice from the community would be great! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tried a different HDMI cable on the box, might be worth a try if you got a spare cable somewhere in the house ?

Forgot to mention if you change the HDMI cable make sure that both the TV and nowtv box is switched off at the mains before you disconnect & reconnect the cable.