cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables but it's still not working turned it off and on but it's no different please advise. Thank you.
284 REPLIES 284
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been getting the same problem I bought a new now tv black box yesterday and today it has the purple screen on it saying hdcp unauthorised content disabled I have tried everything multiple times and have been unable to get it back can anyone help 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Out of interest... What's the make and model number of your television?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

my tv is samsung UE55KU6500

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You've mentioned you've tried things already but not mentioned what, so have a look at the following help page which explains what is happening

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Purple-screen-with-sound-NOW-TV-box

It's a case of messing around with the HDMI cable and TV until it works .... I find just changing the input on the TV to freeview and back again sorts it, but you might need to take the HDMI cable out of the box and TV then plug it back again, turn TV off and on again, power down the box and back up again etc. until you find the 'magic cure'!

Start off by unplugging both TV and box at the mains, unplugging both ends of the HDMI cable and reconnect, then plug box and TV back in and see if it works.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you for the link, i finally got it working again by changing the hdmi port on the tv to a different one.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Weirdly the hdmi cable I have for my old sky box never caused this issue just store bought ones. Maybe Now TV who are owned by sky should sort this out or give their now TV customers a free cable
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It may just be sky systems since the sky hdmi works with the sky box with free view card and the now TV box but the other cable doesn't. I have reset the box as suggested and it now works :0)
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did both then it worked or a sky hdmi cable works
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

These 'purple screen' issues have been around for as long as HDMI has been around. Quite often something as simple as swapping the lead around solves the problem 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I've got this same problem - But it's only is a problem on one TV works perfectly fine on the other TV's, so this seems to be a TV issue not the box ?