cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gold tv

Im having major problems with watching any programmes on gold. It jumps and freezes all the time. Ive reset it several times and i go out of the app and go back in but it still does this. I like now tv but if this carries on there is no point in having it. Im at the end of my tether
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The issues with Gold are also prevalent on the Black NOW TV box, and the Android App.  It is clearly a source issue.  I have spoken to Sunita on Live Chat this PM, who asked me to post this information in the forum.  Apparantly NOW TV are aware of this issue and are working on it, but that's a pretty standard response.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for this its just frustrating im paying to watch programmes that are
interrupted. I have a white box though so dont know if this affects all
boxes
Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

I can confirm, this issue affects all NOW TV boxes including the new stick, Samsung Smart TV app and also i-Phone app at exactly the same time of interference and sound issues, though only on GOLD.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Matthew1234567 wrote:

I can confirm, this issue affects all NOW TV boxes including the new stick, Samsung Smart TV app and also i-Phone app at exactly the same time of interference and sound issues, though only on GOLD.

Thanks @Matthew1234567 I'm in the office here with Last of The Summer Wine on playing fine. Is it a specific show? Does it happen at a specific time or certain way a show is recorded (4:3, 16:9)?

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

Hi Tony,

i only ever watch GOLD in the evenings so not sure what it is like during the day.  Some days the interference never happens and there was a two week break from this recently, but when it does happen, you know about it as it comes in long waves with picture breakup, continuous horizontal coloured/white lines and distorted/crackled sound that lasts up to 5 minutes at a time,  then at regular intervals every couple of minutes making the channel unwatchable.  This happens on average most evenings between 6-9pm.   This distortion always looks the same, repeats and may even happen at the same times each day, but cannot be certain of this - At the same time this occurs i also play GOLD on the i-Phone app (on a different connection) and via TV app and exactly the same picture interference occurs.  No other channel on the entertainment or movie package is affected (i am aware of).  Not sure if this happens on Sports though aparently it does.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Matthew1234567 wrote:

Hi Tony,

i only ever watch GOLD in the evenings so not sure what it is like during the day.  Some days the interference never happens and there was a two week break from this recently, but when it does happen, you know about it as it comes in long waves with picture breakup, continuous horizontal coloured/white lines and distorted/crackled sound that lasts up to 5 minutes at a time,  then at regular intervals every couple of minutes making the channel unwatchable.  This happens on average most evenings between 6-9pm.   This distortion always looks the same, repeats and may even happen at the same times each day, but cannot be certain of this - At the same time this occurs i also play GOLD on the i-Phone app (on a different connection) and via TV app and exactly the same picture interference occurs.  No other channel on the entertainment or movie package is affected (i am aware of).  Not sure if this happens on Sports though aparently it does.

@Matthew1234567 Thanks for the input. Helps us a lot. There is definitely a probelm and we've now got extra resources working on a resolution.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat . I have two boxes and neither will play golf. It's not just freezing but a max headroom like stuttering with an extremely loud noise. Only this channel and has been happening on and off for months. I have seen numerous threads on many sites so it's obviously a national issue so why have nowtv not tried to fix this. I use your box for Gold only so I will cancel my subscription if this isn't addressed very soon. I'm sure I am not the only subscriber that is not getting a service that is fit for purpose
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All,

This issue was looked into and thought to have been resolved by changing some of the transmittinng equiptment. We now realise it is still ongoing so the technical team have re-opened the case and are investigating again. 
Our apologies and thanks for your patience on this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The issue with GOLD is also on the SKY GO GOLD stream too.