cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fraud

Now tv web page is a nightmare to get in contact 😯 obviously they don't want problems from customers! I have only just noticed that payments have been going out of my account since May and I haven't lived there since then, I have never subscribed to now tv. It also is in a false surname name, so how you could get money I dont know! also the card mumber I dont recognise, but it's going out of my current account!!
8 REPLIES 8
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Well Ali

You should go to the police because it seems that one of your friends or a family member got hold of your payment details and is using it without your knowledge.

Definitely Fraud.

UK Bob

PS. You should contact your bank as well.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, So we have a better understanding of the issue can you confirm that you did not sign up for NOW TV? if so can you tell us how you were able to log in to the community to write this post? as only NOW TV customers can use the community forum. This is a bit strange if the account is not yours however you're able to check the card details and surname on the account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes it is strange I went on and just tryed my regular login in details what I use for everything! Lesson learned! and I got in the account. It has Kelly surname my name is Marshall. As I said I don't recognise the number on the card and it says credit card but its coming out of my bsnk account. All so i havent lived at the address since the beginning of May and I live at my mum's with no now tv do, why would I order it at the end of May ? I can prove that I wasn't living there!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a similar problem but it is NIW TV

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Can’t find them on the interweb. Typo?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you moved out of that address in May (last month) is it possible you maybe forgot to tell your bank you moved and they sent a new card to your old address and the person living there now is not as honest as we would all hope people would be and is using it as if it’s their own? (Now TV could be the least of your worries). As others have said I would talk to your bank about the potential fraud. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Do you recognise the email address on the account as yours?

Cancel the passes on that account, set a Payment PIN, and change the password.

A credit card shouldn’t come out of your bank transaction by transaction, and should anyway have its own account.

So check the money is indeed coming out of your bank account, via online banking if you have it or can set it up, or recent statements if not.

We had a case recently where a new user setting up their account quite innocently and accidentally used the email address of an existing user; and as it seems that NowTV don’t use email verification (as I think that NowTV really should, @Anonymous User if you are still following), the existing user thought they had been hacked. But they hadn’t, and the money was in fact coming out of the new user’s account, all above board, except for that wrong email address.

Could that be happening here?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
This is not me. I have done what you have asked.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android