cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Failed power supply - Now TV box - flashing white light.

Flashing white light -Now TV receiver

If you have this symptom it is probably a blown power supply after a mains power failure.

Replacing the power supply with a 6 volt compatible unit brings the 'Now TV' box back to life. You will need to set up the wifi connection again. For those who are a bit techy, the power supply has probably blown the direct current (DC) rectifiers and an unregulated AC voltage is now supplied to the Now TV box, hence the total malfunction of it. With the failure of power supply you won't be able to reset it or anything else.

A new 6 volt compatible power supply is needed to restore the unit. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

You and others might be interested to know that both the 'white' and 'black' NOW TV boxes can be powered by a USB power supply unit.

Indeed, I currently supply power to my NOW TV 'black' box using one of my Panasonic televisions USB ports. It hasn't missed a beat 😉

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

You and others might be interested to know that both the 'white' and 'black' NOW TV boxes can be powered by a USB power supply unit.

Indeed, I currently supply power to my NOW TV 'black' box using one of my Panasonic televisions USB ports. It hasn't missed a beat 😉

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A neat solution !. The Black TV box needs approx 150 milli-amps peak, so if your USB socket on your TV will supply that, then great !.  The failure of my own power supply led me to power the TV box with a laboratory power supply, so I was able to measure how much current the box uses.....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

An update to this.....the 5 volts from the USB type supply wasn't enough to drive my TV box, it kept rebooting. A 6 volt supply is needed for it to be reliable. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This fault in my case was due to a failed power supply for the TV box. The box will not power up, show anything on the TV or reset when this happens. Although there was some voltage from the faulty plug-in power supply unit, it was AC (alternating current) rather than the 6 Volt DC (direct current) that the box needs. I replaced my power supply with a new equivalent and this has restored the Now TV box to fully functional.

You may need to have your power supply tested by a tv shop or someone who has a volt meter. If you have a meter yourself then you can test it easily, the centre pin is the positive terminal, remember that the replacement power supply needs the same arrangement- centre pin positive 6 volt DC.

I tried a USB power adapter which will supply 5 volts, but in my case the voltage is too low and the box reboots a lot...

I hope this info is helpful....

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I tried a USB power adapter which will supply 5 volts, but in my case the voltage is too low and the box reboots a lot...

I hope this info is helpful....

Hi @Anonymous User,

What's it's ampage. It's most probably that that's too low 😉