cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code 1301

Reset box & router numerous times, continues to display error code 1301 stating I'm outside UK, I live in Milton Keynes !!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User@Anonymous User

The only suggestion I can make is to reboot your router and NOW TV box. By turning off & on at the mains.  Which ISP do you use, I know there were a few issues with Plusnet showing up this error some time ago.

View solution in original post

76 REPLIES 76
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this issue today, I have tried resetting all 3 boxes, my router and have also changed my router channel. I cannot figure out what's going wrong. I can however watch through the catch up apps on my devices and also when turning off my wifi connection and using 4G I am able to watch nowtv on my iPhone. Any ideas of what else I could do to fix this? Many thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have checked my IP location and it's showing as Bristol. Talk talk say they cannot change anything as they have not changed my location settings. Please help as I have a 4 year old Autistic son who is very upset as he is unable to watch his normal programs
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On my PS4 it's coming up with "something's not right. Give it a moment or check nowtv.com/status for updates" and says error code 1301 in bottom right corner of my screen. Anybody know what I should do to fix this problem, as I don't have a clue where to start.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the NOWTV app?

Resetting your router? 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Over the last few days I've been getting numerous errors when I tried to stream content on my devices which was fixed by restarting everything a couple of times . Today I don't seem to be able to stream anything on my iPhone / nowtv box/ nowtv app for Samsung tv. For a service that you need to pay monthly this is unacceptable. Please let me know how this can be fixed. Also please add a month free to my entertainment and movies since I've struggling for numerous days.

Internet provider: "see the light " connection 300mbps
Anonymous User
Not applicable
We have the same internet provider and samsung tv. Hopefully find out soon why its not working!
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

The normal reason for this is that someone in the household (often teenage children without their parents knowledge) has modified their broadband connection in order to watch Netflix US or similar (eg by proxies or VPNs). 

If you are sure this hasn't happened then it sounds like your broadband may be reporting as being in a location outside the UK. What results do you get when you go to http://ip-lookup.net/ or http://www.ip-tracker.org/locator/ip-lookup.php

Try rebooting your router to see if this helps. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
My daughter is 4 and my son 2, and no one has change the ip or vpn. Also I've. Checked my ip and its from U.K.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
My daughter is 4 and my son 2, and no one has change the ip or vpn. Also I've. Checked my ip and its from U.K.

Rebooting router did not changed anything
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

It's likely to be the IP address your broadband provider has allocated to you that is causing the problem as the other poster mentioned he also couldn't access BBC iPlayer. Are you also unable to play content on iPlayer?

A member of the NOW TV team will pick up your post in due course, but it's probably a good idea to contact your ISP in the morning (they appear to be closed now) and speak to them about the problem as well.

https://www.seethelight.co.uk/contact.php