cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code 003

My box has not been working for nearly 2 weeks now! Come on seriously? I've even been given a free month of sky movies but what good is that to me when I can't even use the thing. I have reset it loads and connect to the wifi but then as soon as it updates software I get an error message 003 and when I click check network I just go back to the wifi page. I have done the home 5 times fast forward 3 times and rewind 2 times and tried to do it that way Nd it's still the same. Getting a bit fed up now If I am honest.
72 REPLIES 72
Anonymous User
Not applicable
My now TV box stopped working and got told to do a hard reset and now all it comes up with is error 003 and nothing works just getting a blank screen with now TV in top corner
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Can we ask you to try resetting your router and then unplug the box and try again?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm trying to set up my Now TV box and it keeps telling me there's and error code 003, I have tried using different Ethernet cables and restarting my router but it has yet to get going. It's frustrating because I have a pass which day by day will run out, so I want to get it working ASAP.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Can you please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Does anyone know what this means and how to remedy it
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your NOW TV Box.

It sounds like this is an update issue, could you try forcing an update and letting us know how you get on?

To do this press the following combination of keys in order quickly.

1. Home (x5)
  2. Fast Forward (x3)
  3. Rewind (x2)

When you have done this, a secret menu will pop up. Select Update Software and select Okay when the box prompts you.

Thanks,

Ryan

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ryan
I wonder if you can help me brought a black now tv box today and it won't update at all from the start up menu can you help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear about the problem you've had with your NOW TV Box.

Can you please try disabling the network pings on your NOW TV Box and then try the update steps above:

You’ll need to complete the following sequence on your NOW TV box remote control. This must be done in quick succession:

1. Home (x5)
  2. Fast Forward
  3. Play
  4. Rewind
  5. Play
  6. Fast Forward

If the above is done correctly, a new screen will appear called ‘Platform Secret Screen’ which will display two green bars and four options. Please select ‘Disable Network Pings’ from the list of available options.

Next, click back on your remote control until you reach the 'Connection Setup' page, and try to connect to a network.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried the Secret Screen advice and clicked Software Update, it will not let me do anything. Error code 003 pops up AGAIN. Please help, I'm missing my fave tv!
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I have tried the Secret Screen advice and clicked Software Update, it will not let me do anything. Error code 003 pops up AGAIN.

Hi @Anonymous User,

Most '003' errors refer to network connectivity problems between your 'router' and your 'playback device'!

If you haven't done-so already. Try re-booting your router (by disconnecting its power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting its power).

Cheers