cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code 003

My box has not been working for nearly 2 weeks now! Come on seriously? I've even been given a free month of sky movies but what good is that to me when I can't even use the thing. I have reset it loads and connect to the wifi but then as soon as it updates software I get an error message 003 and when I click check network I just go back to the wifi page. I have done the home 5 times fast forward 3 times and rewind 2 times and tried to do it that way Nd it's still the same. Getting a bit fed up now If I am honest.
72 REPLIES 72
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and very sorry about the delayed reply.

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Have you tried to restart your router? Make sure your NOW TV Box is unplugged while you restart your router. Once all the lights are back up,  plug the Box back in and connect to your network.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I'm getting this error too. I've reset my router and box.

I'm with Sky and have a standard Sky router.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too now have this error code 003 problem which is very very frustrating to say the least. I have tried all of the above mentioned suggestions many times to resolve this problem including live chat with the now TVs team without success. The screen just goes to software update, then to software update failed and eventually to error code 009. This has been happening to so many now TVs users over the last few months that  surely now TV must know how to fix this problem. So come on now TV team tell us all on here what exactly is the problem and how do we fix it??????

await your response.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, can you have a look at Birgit's response below on what the error means. Can you try the steps in her post for us and let us know how you get on. Apologies for the trouble caused.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

I received a new black nowtv box today.

I keep getting 003 error code, despite trying everything suggested, several times. This includes using ethernet cable and wireless connection and factory resets/reboots.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

Error 003 normally means there's an error getting an update from Roku servers. You can try to force the Box to make the update by trying these steps here. You can also try to factory reset the Box and once it comes up to the Network screen, manually type in your network details.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having this problem to and its been a month can't get into it to change the network as it's a blank screen with now tv at top iv done a rest and disabled pins it's still not working only used my box 5 times
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you saying that your TV screen is blank ?

If so you can try a few things.

• Check that the white light is showing on the front of the nowtv box, if not check the power cable at both ends.
  • Next thing to try is with the TV and nowtv box switched off, disconnect  and re connect the HDMI cable at both ends.
  • Last resort try a hard factory reset, with both your TV and nowtv box "switched on" press and keep holding a pin in the small reset hole on the back of the box until the initial nowtv setup screen appears on your TV (please note that you will have to setup your nowtv box from scratch again including re entering your wifi password and nowtv username & password).
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

This could be something to do with your connection  you trying to connected to a shared network? could you also tell me who's your Internet provider?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks I have now got it working