cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do i need to upgrade to a smart stick...i have the old white box..

I have an old white now tv box, do I need to upgrade to a smart stick. 

7 REPLIES 7
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Well, @Anonymous User , you  don’t have to, but if you don’t you won’t be able to use the box for anything other than a paperweight after 6 October. So, yes, if you want to continue enjoying your NowTV service then you either need to upgrade to a stick or switch to some other compatible device. A fully-fledged Roku stick, although more expensive that the Now TV stick, will give you access to more streaming apps. Other options would be (but not limited to) a Chromecast ultra or a Youview box.

sb64
Scholar 2

Looks like my white now tv box is being sent for recycling then.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@sb64 if it's the only device you have registered and use to access NowTV, you may be entitled to a free stick. Email

customerservices @ nowtv.com (ensuring no spaces).

If you have other devices registered, unfortunately you'll have to pay for a new device.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am confused,when referring to the device,does it mean the box/ stick,or the tv/tablet etc,as the tv I have my now TV box plugged into displayed a message that unable to update the device after the 6th October,so what do I need to replace 

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User The device in question is your white box. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you,so if I buy a stick,and plug it in my TV that will resolve the problem 

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Absolutely.