cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Constant buffering Now TV box

My Now TV constantly buffers - I have tried every solution I could find in the forums and I have now given up....I just want to know where to send the box to get my money back and how to ensure no subscriptions are taken from my account - thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear that you have not been able to resolve the issues with your NOW TV Box. 

Can you please see this link here for steps on how to return your NOW TV Box. 

Kind Regards, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Very sorry to hear you're having streaming issues with your NOW TV box. If you haven't already can you try rebooting your box by sticking a pin in the hole located at the rear of the box for 15 seconds please and then trying again.

Can you also try rebooting your router and not having any other device using the wi-fi. Let us know how you get on and let us know if is hasn't helped with the other trouble shooting steps you have tried.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As I said I just want the adress to get my money back but just so you know.....

I disabled pings,
I changed my virgin super hub to auto.
Went down from from 300mps to 144mps. Checked strength of signal hourly and it never went below 52 mbs.
Moved box to more than 8 inches but less than a foot away from router.
Rebooted by holding a pin in the back for 15 seconds.
Restarted and reset router.
Restarted and reset box.

I have never managed to watch a programme or a film without buffering - it tells me I'm not connected to internet but say signal strength excellent and shows connection.

Now can I please have the address for a refund?
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear that you have not been able to resolve the issues with your NOW TV Box. 

Can you please see this link here for steps on how to return your NOW TV Box. 

Kind Regards, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been having buffering for two weeks now, my broadband is 50Mb and is very fast no other internet issues just buffering on NOW TV.  This is between 8pm and 9:30pm that I know of and also last Sunday morning.  

Is this a known fault with NOW TV servers?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried rebooting the box and my router - wireless signal is fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

Try to change the wireless channel on your router page. If you're not sure how, give us your ISP name and router make.

Also just in case contact your ISP and ask whether they have made any changes or reported any issues in your area.

Birgit

NOW TV Team