cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Concurrency issue error 10021

I keep getting this error message on one of my now tv boxes. I have 3 devices in total. I have signed out of the lg smart tv app 30 minutes ago. The other now tv is switched off at the mains for 20 minutes. This error is still appearing on my only active device. Any ideas how to clear this error? I have reset the now tv box with a pin at the back of the box and still the error remains.

193 REPLIES 193
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Many thanks for the very helpful reply. Armed with this, I’ll know what to
look for (and only switch at half time!).

Agree that Now should be smarter about the restriction.

Much appreciated.
Phil
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I get this error when trying to Chromecast from my phone. If I try and change channel, the error appears and I can no longer watch.

Looking at the devices section on the sight, it seems that it detects both the phone and the Chromecast as separate devices, which is silly as I'm only trying to watch one thing.

If this keeps happening I'll cancel my membership, it's not good enough.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Now have issued some clarification about switching devices, and avoiding the ten-minute wait:-

When you stop watching on your first device, make sure you exit the show or movie you were watching rather than just pressing pause, turning off the TV or closing the app. This will signal that the stream has ended.
If you don't do this, you might need to wait up to 10 minutes before you can start watching on another device.

So better news than before; I’ve tried this, and it works.

@Anonymous User 

But I have no idea why just changing channels - presumably on live TV - should be regarded as a separate further access, and this may be a bug.

There is a right way and a wrong way to start a Chromecast session, to avoid it being treated as two devices, as referenced here in this posting from @commanda6:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Chromecast-counts-as-a-device/td-p/408855

but I don’t know if this affects your situation of just switching channels, or quite what to advise here if you are already registering devices in the correct sequence,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
That's really helpful, thank you!