cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Concurrency issue error 10021

I keep getting this error message on one of my now tv boxes. I have 3 devices in total. I have signed out of the lg smart tv app 30 minutes ago. The other now tv is switched off at the mains for 20 minutes. This error is still appearing on my only active device. Any ideas how to clear this error? I have reset the now tv box with a pin at the back of the box and still the error remains.

193 REPLIES 193
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User what devices are you using? Some take longer than others to tell the server that they are not streaming. You are only supposed to be able to watch on two devices at the same time. So if you try a third this may be why you are getting issues. I am guessing that you have posted twice as either you weren't sure where to post or if it had posted correctly. (Our Forum rottweiler is asleep so I will ask @Simon-J to merge your posts and responses)
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem but my Error 10021 is definitly NOT a case of trying to use 3 of four permitted devices at the same time... I and many other are having the same problem - the 'system' isn't recognising that we're no longer watching a particular device when we try and switch between any two of the four devices.

NowTV tech team are aware of the problem but seem unable to sort it out. I've been having this problem since late November, other even longer.

I've had a couple of very lengthy sessions with 'Chat' and been passed to the Tech folk to try to resolve it. Unfortunately the only solution so far (a poor work-round really) is to remove a couple of devices and only attempt to use two.... That's not what we're paying for 😞 

People are being told they'll probably be compensated when the problem is resolved but nobody seems to have any idea when this might be 😞

It would be lovely to see some sort of pinned 'service update' post relating to this problem. I certainly feel it's been going on far too long and customers should be give some sort of *proper* explaination..

Hope this doesn't sound too ranty but it's very frustrating - not least because we have to keep on explaining it again and again to NowTV staff...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is happenong to me only watching on one device too!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have 3 boxes one of which is unplugged and the other two switched on, one is playing nd the other says maximum number of simultaneous streams on ur account, to watchh now tv on this device please stop playback on one of ur devices when there is only one playing to start with!!!!!!!! never had a problem with any of the boxes till now not happy at all pay for the services for this to happy just great isnt!!!!!

@Anonymous User wrote:

I keep getting this error message on one of my now tv boxes. I have 3 devices in total. I have signed out of the lg smart tv app 30 minutes ago. The other now tv is switched off at the mains for 20 minutes. This error is still appearing on my only active device. Any ideas how to clear this error? I have reset the now tv box with a pin at the back of the box and still the error remains.

@Anonymous User wrote:

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. You are allowed to watch NOW TV on up to two devices at the same time, however sometimes the system doesn't detect when a device stops watching straight away, you may need to wait up to 10 minutes before the system realises this and let's you watch on another device.

You can minimise the chance of this happening by using the back button on the remote (or X close button on other apps depending on device) to return to the NOW TV app rather than directly quitting the app whilst it is still streaming.

If you still have problems try signing out of the app and back in again (you should be able to do this by going to the My Account screen in the NOW TV app).

However these things often sort themselves out quickly so you may well find its all working normally now anyway.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User

you may need to wait up to 10 minutes before the system realises this and let's you watch on another device.

This isn't good enough. It's 2021, we should be able to switch devices more or less seamlessly. My Chromecast (only) seems to take as much as 20 minutes every single time. This is a bug, not a feature.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this issue today. I’m on one of the devices listed, and know it’s not running, yet I can’t stream on one of the other regular devices,

what can I do, please?

Thanks 

Phil

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

This thread is under White Box, and the white box is dead and gone. Is this your issue?

Now have recently cut the number of simultaneous streams to 1, unless you have Boost or BT TV. is this your issue?

If you are on a device, it is running. But you want to use another device, So, unless you have Boost, you need to get off the device you are on, wait up to ten minutes, and then try the other device.

If none of the above describe your issue, please supply more details.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks. New to the community, so appreciate you picking it up from here.

The number of streams was probably my issue. Didn’t know it was down to
one.

I believe I was only using one device. That said, I was changing from one
TV to another. The original smartTV was changed to another app (I player),
so I believe I was only on one device when I had the issue. Is there a lag,
or does it still stream in the background on a smart TV, perhaps?

Thanks

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

I thought it might be that; despite Now’s manful efforts to let everyone know, more than a few have slipped through the net, and only found out about it when they couldn’t run two devices at once any more.

Or in your case, not switch rapidly from one device to another. You asked ‘Is there a lag,
or does it still stream in the background on a smart TV, perhaps?’ to which the answer is no it doesn’t still stream in the background, but yes there is a lag; it seems to be up to about ten minutes, as described in my first reply to you above.

I don’t know if Now expected this problem when cutting the simultaneous streams to one. But if not, maybe they should give you ten minutes of a second stream when you open up a new device, to allow the first stream to die.

Or maybe proactively check the first stream when a second stream is opened, to check that the first stream has stopped, instead of letting minutes go by until they notice that.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.