cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Concurrency issue error 10021

I keep getting this error message on one of my now tv boxes. I have 3 devices in total. I have signed out of the lg smart tv app 30 minutes ago. The other now tv is switched off at the mains for 20 minutes. This error is still appearing on my only active device. Any ideas how to clear this error? I have reset the now tv box with a pin at the back of the box and still the error remains.

193 REPLIES 193
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User no that should have been sufficient. @Jason-C can you flag this issue to tech team.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User,

Sorry for the late reply and for the problems you've experienced.

We're aware of an issue at the moment where this is happening when you're watching on 2 devices and one crashes, or loses power or internet connection. If you then try to watch on a different device within 4 hours of this happening, the system will still think you're still viewing on the other device.

To fix this, go back and start watching again on the device that lost connection, then immediately close it down. You should then be able to watch on the new device.

Our tech team is looking into this issue at the moment and we hope to resolve the problem shortly.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In my case the LG app hasn't "crashed"...it's simply been turned off. By turning one off renders the other three devices unuseable - which Is one reason for subscribing, the ability to switch one off and move to another. Youir suggestion of "turning back on and closing the app" doesn't work.

The situation's been ongoing and clearly hasn't been fixed. Also, via the chat, I was assured I would recieve an e-mail back within 48 hours allowing me to cancel and get a full refund (and saved the chat). This hasn't happened either.

Very shoddy service from a system I've heaped praise on before.

Does anyone have the physical address of NowTV if I have to take this further (ie legal action)?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks for your messages.

I have two Now TV boxes, a chromecast and a desktop pc on my account. I was able to sign into all devices and watch Now TV fine as long as only using one device at a time. As soon as I wanted to watch two devices, the second one received the concurrency error message. I tried all combinations of devices, and it didn't matter what two devices I tried to use, one of them would not work. I have had the same four devices on my account for some time, but only last week tried watching two at a time (my son wanted to watch Karl Pilkington!).

As I had not received a solution on here I went on the live chat and explained the problem. The operator removed all the devices and then I added them back again. I tried watching the Chomecast and one of the Now TV boxes and they both worked, so it seems to have sorted it out. I asked the operator why it happened and his explanation was that "Sometimes the system goes funny." 🙂

So, fingers crossed, it seems to be sorted.

Thank you for your help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for this advice 🙂
When you say "close it down" what exactly does this mean in respect of my different devices (pc, box, and chromecast)? Turning the pc off didn't help, and the only way I ever turn the box off is to unplug it.
So it would really help to know what I should be doing! Thank you.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

With regards closing down gracefully, on your PC make sure you click the X button in the corner of the playback window when finished watching before closing your browser window. If you are using an app, back out of a stream or let it come to an end and exit the programme itself before you exit the app/return to the device homescreen.

Basically you are making sure you are not still streaming from NOW TV before you quit/close anything so that the system has chance to register you've finished streaming.

Although given the responses of others I'm not sure if this will help this specific issue or not.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive had this issue on both ipad and now tv boxes in the house several times in the past few days. Happened again tonight, when I've logged in to check manage devices to find that theres only been one box in use today and that was turned off at the wall over an hour ago now! I might have been too hasty in cutting the cord from sky, this is pretty poor

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I keep getting an error that says I'm streaming on too many devices, but I'm only trying to stream on a second device. Why am I getting this error?

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  what devices are you trying to use?  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

2 now tv boxes. One older one, one smart one