cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Concurrency issue error 10021

I keep getting this error message on one of my now tv boxes. I have 3 devices in total. I have signed out of the lg smart tv app 30 minutes ago. The other now tv is switched off at the mains for 20 minutes. This error is still appearing on my only active device. Any ideas how to clear this error? I have reset the now tv box with a pin at the back of the box and still the error remains.

193 REPLIES 193
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now not working on Ipad app for same reason.

Who do I speak to to sort out.

what is causing this issue?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I keep getting this message as well. Four devices, three switched off. Trying to continue viewing on tablet.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got all my devices wiped from my account and then re added them seems to be ok now so far 1 black now tv box 2 Apple TV 1 iphone
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Happening now. Unable to watch on two boxes at the same time.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi getting this code on one of my nowtv boxes been fine up till tonight, no other boxes are on, please can you help?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Getting the same problem here my other black box is fine but the smart TV box will not work
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Mine doing same has been last 2 nights now and had same problem few weeks ago alot of people on here complaining of same thing now tv need sort it out
Anonymous User
Not applicable
And it's come back on at 11.45 a whole night of tv missed which I have paid for what are you going to do about now tv
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I'm getting this msg even though I'm only watching on one device....I have made sure everything else is turned off/shut down.??
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Recieving this same message on my devices, can only watch one at a time...Youview box using NowTV app doesn't work AT ALL! This has been ongoing for over a week now!!